Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Groves Ring Walk Was Classic, Even Though He Got KOd!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Groves Ring Walk Was Classic, Even Though He Got KOd!

Got to give Groves some credit where it's deserved, I thought that was one of the best ring walks I've seen for a long time. 2 great tunes "Underdog" and "Firestarter", posing on the roof of the full-size London bus to begin with, then walking to the main platform, shadowboxing with the awesome lighting effects and the jaw-dropping pyrotechnics. Plus the aggressive final walk up to the ring during the Firestarter tune. That was a classic ring walk - whoever put that together should be proud of themselves. Possibly among the best ring walks ever!

Froch's ring walk wasn't quite as good, the music wasn't as engaging and there were no real surprises (like Groves on the bus). Froch should have come in wrapped up in live cobras or something, maybe hitched a ride to the ring on an giant anaconda.

Last edited by F!x; 06-05-2014, 10:47 AM.

yes groves won the real battle

Comment

Not gonna lie Firestarter got me hype!!! Specially seeing 80,000 fans cheering!

Comment

I was expecting Froch to come riding in on a horse.

I felt very short changed.

Comment

Lmao it was funny, especially how the fight ended

Comment

Thanks for posting, I forgot the name of that Prodigy song, but remembered it was one of theirs! But it's called 'Spitfire', not 'Firestarter'

Comment

yea better than some ugly rapper alot of the yank boxers come into

Comment

Eddie Hearn gave Froch the option of doing something different for his ringwalk, but he was too focused on the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by F!x View Post
                  Got to give Groves some credit where it's deserved, I thought that was one of the best ring walks I've seen for a long time. 2 great tunes "Underdog" and "Firestarter", posing on the roof of the full-size London bus to begin with, then walking to the main platform, shadowboxing with the awesome lighting effects and the jaw-dropping pyrotechnics. Plus the aggressive final walk up to the ring during the Firestarter tune. That was a classic ring walk - whoever put that together should be proud of themselves. Possibly among the best ring walks ever!

Froch's ring walk wasn't quite as good, the music wasn't as engaging and there were no real surprises (like Groves on the bus). Froch should have come in wrapped up in live cobras or something, maybe hitched a ride to the ring on an giant anaconda.

****ing ****ty how they turned screens off for entrances...!

Would have pumped crowd up much more

Comment

I was near the corner groves came out of and the heat from the fire could be felt from a good distance away..

Comment

Working...
                    X