Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray: Khan Needs To Be More Aggressive, Active

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He needs to know how to deal with pressure, it was obvious Peterson learned a lot from the Maidana fight. Khan had no answers when it came to the inside.

Comment

Roach was recently saying that Khan needs to counter Peterson on the way in. Good idea, but the problem is that Khan is not skilled enough, quick minded enough, nor relaxed enough in the ring to accomplish that. With Khan, you can see the panic all over him when he gets hit and his opponent starts to chase him.

Some fighters either have that quality that will make them good, and most don't. Khan just doesn't have it. He's a big, quick handed, athletic kid. And thats really it..... He has nothing else going for him. Peterson is nothing more than just a solid good fighter with decent craft. He's not a pound 4 pounder. Yet by simply coming forward and using his infighting skills, he made Khan a totally impotent force.

This next fight should be no different. Khan can't learn in one training camp on how to fight inside, properly cover up, move the head, use angles, feints, and counter punch. Those are skills learned only by having applied them over time.

Peterson via late stoppage next time.

Comment

good looks doesn't win fights.

Comment

Khan is super fast in the beginning

He must QUIT trying to emulate Pac with throwing up you hands and standing taking shots to prove his chin.

Khan you have proven you chin so stop it mang.

Khan must be Khan not Pac

IF KHAN settles down this fight and drills Peterson , stops all the Pac stuff then he will KO Peterson.

When Peterson comes in with the head it should be met with an uppercut or 5 not pushing.

Comment

Yea.......no.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
              He needs to know how to deal with pressure, it was obvious Peterson learned a lot from the Maidana fight. Khan had no answers when it came to the inside.
              None at all. So he pushed Peterson.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH WEBB View Post
                None at all. So he pushed Peterson.
                Yeah he fought wrong in that fight but the first round was a whirlwind, Khan was sticking that right hand in there but abandoned it for the rest of the fight .

Peterson had a good fight

I look forward to this next fight

Comment

As great as Leonard was, that comment is useless and utter garbage. If you want to dish out knowledge to young fighters you better get rid of those cliches.

"Needs to be more active and aggressive". Really?! Have you ever watched his fights?Khan is undoubtedly one of the more aggressive and active fighters in the division. I would even say that he's a tad too aggressive for his own good. He still fights in amateur style.

No, what Khan really needs is learning how to fight on the inside and be able to change strategy when the fight doesn't go his way. He needs to pace himself and pick his shots better.

Comment

I wouldn't take that advice If I was Khan... Khan was very very active in the 1st fight as it was but it was evident by round 3 that he wouldn't be able to KO Peterson with one flush shot like he probably was thinking he could, and as a result of that, Khan was nearly Ko'ed in round 3 or 4 from tiring himself out because of all that energy he put into trying to KO Peterson, luckily he was in good enough shape to where he could catch a 2nd wind but he then spent the rest of the fight trying to avoid Peterson for the most part which is why he lost, the best bet for Khan now just to put this chapter behind him is to fight safe and smart , pick his shots and box his way to a boring UD, which he is fully capable of doing, but I get the sense that that's not what hes intending to do which is great for us but may turn out to be a disaster for Khan and his career, Khan goes out every fight looking for the KO which is entertaining but not so smart, a win is most important, Floyd does what it takes to win which isnt always entertaining but the financial rewards are much greater now because he's a winner regardless.....
                    Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 04-09-2012, 12:28 PM.

Comment

Amir this and Amir that, could it be that peterson is just a better fighter? just throwin that out there because in every article i have read, it seems amir lost the first fight, not that Lamont won. Peterson fought a great fight and confused and tired kahn who had no answers or adjustments. I like amir as a fighter but give lamont his props. At that level when u get a win u get a win. peace and go lamont in the rematch .......peace

Comment

Working...
                      X