No announcement yet.

CM Punk Interrupts WWE Press Conference And Rips HHH

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
    CM Punk is back, with a new theme song. And two WWE Champions.

I marked out big time. Cult of Personality was his old RoH theme. I can't wait for Raw next week. It's a good time to be a wrestling fan.

Comment

Best storyline Wrestling has seen in YEARS!

Punk shows up at Raw last night!

Comment

Can someone please explain to me what the old WCW title is about? Why is it used in the WWE? Is it better or worse then the WWE title?

Comment

Originally posted by OG Wenger View Post
          Can someone please explain to me what the old WCW title is about? Why is it used in the WWE? Is it better or worse then the WWE title?
          In 2001 Chris Jericho beat Steve Austin and The Rock in a tournament style basis to win both WWF and WCW World Titles to become the first ever Undisputed World Champion. He held both titles until the following years Wrestlemania which was Wrestlemania 18, where Triple H beat him. Triple H was presented with a new belt which was The Undisputed World Championship. The WCW title disappeared.

In May 2002 as the WWE roster was so big they decided to do a brand split. Half the roster was put on Raw and half on Smackdown. The Undisputed Champion initially appeared on both shows. Brock Lesnar had defeated The Rock at Summerslam to become Undisputed Champion. In September 2002 Stephanie Mcmahon (Appointed Smackdown General Manager) contracted Brock Lesnar to Smackdown leaving Raw with no World Champion.

Eric Bischoff ( Appointed Raw General Manager) brought in The World Heavyweight Championship. This new belt was the same design as the WCW World Title but was named World Heavyweight Championship. Bischoff awarded it to Triple H who was at that time the number 1 contender for Brock Lesnar's title. Through draft changes etc... The World Heavyweight Title has ended up on Smackdown and the WWE Title on Raw. I would say the WWE Title is the more respected belt, The World Title isn't far behind though.

As affirmed by WWE, the World Heavyweight Championship is not a continuation of the WCW Championship, but rather its successor by way of the WWE Undisputed Championship, just as the WCW Championship spun off from the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Hope this helps.
          Last edited by Pretty Boy1; 07-26-2011, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X