No announcement yet.

Seems like every close fight these days is a ''robbery''

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seems like every close fight these days is a ''robbery''

Since the Marquez Pacquiao trilogy people seem to be calling every close fight a robbery, I haven't seen this Chavez Jr fight but it sounds like people are pulling the same BS as usual, a fighter they dislike performed worse than they expected and they all be crying robbery SMH. There are other examples of this ish but I can't remember the fights off the top of my head.

It is not so much the winner, because I thought it was a close fight, it is the scorecard. When you have someone, who is arguably the winner of the fight, winning only 2 rounds out of a possible 10, you know that something is up.

It's also the frequency these things happen with certain types of fighters. How often do you see decisions like that working in favour of low draw fighters?

Comment

I don't think it's so much that Chavez won, but that two of the scorecards were pretty unrealistic.

JMM/Pac, that's just fan bases going at it.

Comment

How can you even say that if you haven't watched the fight? And like he said above it wouldn't be such a big deal if the judges all had 6-4 for Chavez. But having 8-2? And his status/popularity for arum and last name it makes you think fishy stuff is going on

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
          How can you even say that if you haven't watched the fight? And like he said above it wouldn't be such a big deal if the judges all had 6-4 for Chavez. But having 8-2? And it's status and last name it makes you think fishy stuff is going on
          Ok fair enough I cannot judge a fight I didn't see, my thread was just illustrating the BS that goes on these days with losers crying robbery in a close fight that their fighter lost.

Comment

People moan and cry to suit their agendas.

Comment

people naturally lean towards the underdog in a close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KeepItObjective View Post
                Since the Marquez Pacquiao trilogy people seem to be calling every close fight a robbery, I haven't seen this Chavez Jr fight but it sounds like people are pulling the same BS as usual, a fighter they dislike performed worse than they expected and they all be crying robbery SMH. There are other examples of this ish but I can't remember the fights off the top of my head.
                If you haven't even seen the fight why even bother throwing your ingnorant two cents in?

Comment

What's up with the avatar/signature mocking Khan, lad? Do you not consider him a good scalp for Garcia?

Comment

It was a robbery! His own crowd was booing his win

Comment

Working...
                    X