Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did Mayweather even mention Pacquiao's name if he was never going to fight him?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
    No one can make manny fight floyd. He had the deal he wanted and turned it down. He tried to maximize his leverage. cool. Since then floyd has done the exact same thing. It would be nice if they both put the sport ahead of their business. They didn't.
    well the way i see it is floyd wants 100% of the PPV profits. he doesnt want to share any of it with pacquiao. that is just ludicrous. pacquiao has claimed he is willing to take 45% and mayweather can take the bigger slice at 55%. that tells me that pac is trying to get the fight done, has also said he will do whatever tests floyd wants. that is trying to get the fight done.

so if the two of them got it on floyd will make more than pacquiao, will make his carer high payday, gets a chance to add an ATG fighter to his resume, yet this still isnt good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      well the way i see it is floyd wants 100% of the PPV profits. he doesnt want to share any of it with pacquiao. that is just ludicrous. pacquiao has claimed he is willing to take 45% and mayweather can take the bigger slice at 55%. that tells me that pac is trying to get the fight done, has also said he will do whatever tests floyd wants. that is trying to get the fight done.

so if the two of them got it on floyd will make more than pacquiao, will make his carer high payday, gets a chance to add an ATG fighter to his resume, yet this still isnt good enough?
      no, manny said there are no more issues with testing. you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes floyd offered the $40 mil no ppv deal-manny turned that down.

The difference is Manny had the deal he wanted and turned it down. Floyd has never had the deal he wanted and turned it down. But floyd could've made things easier but didn't choose to.

As I posted they both put business first. If you aren't mad at manny don't be mad at floyd.

Comment

The real question is why do u clowns put all the blame on Floyd. Are you just trolling? In order of putting the blame it goes arum, PAC then Floyd majority goes to arum though

Comment

no, manny said there are no more issues with testing. you are entitled to your opinion.

Yes floyd offered the $40 mil no ppv deal-manny turned that down.

The difference is Manny had the deal he wanted and turned it down. Floyd has never had the deal he wanted and turned it down. But floyd could've made things easier but didn't choose to.

As I posted they both put business first. If you aren't mad at manny don't be mad at floyd.
          come on dunn, its obvious! 1 guy is willing to make concessions, the other is putting up demand after demand and talking about self preservation.

Comment

Who cares? Koncz is on a Pac rebuilding journey right now and all he is doing is mentioning Floyd name. Hell they even beggin for a fight for that payday. You think hes doing this without Pac knowledge?

Comment

As far as memory goes, it was first the media hyping up that fight just after Pac put a beating on ODLH. Then Pac and Roach started calling Mayweather out and everytime Mayweather did an interview the journalists asked him about Pac.

Just for the record, I've got no dog in this fight. But that's how it happened.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
                come on dunn, its obvious! 1 guy is willing to make concessions, the other is putting up demand after demand and talking about self preservation.
                actually one is making record guaranteed purses to fight while the other made a tactical error in negotiating with Cotto and was forced to fight an opponent he said "I'm done with" and got KTFO.

so perhaps maybe the way you are spinning it isn't accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
                  The real question is why do u clowns put all the blame on Floyd. Are you just trolling? In order of putting the blame it goes arum, PAC then Floyd majority goes to arum though
                  Can you please answer my original question

Why did Floyd keep mentioning Manny Pacquiao's name randomly?

Also why did he mention self preservation and health when it came to the topic of Pacquiao? His uncle Roger even said he was on A side meth, his father Floyd said openly if I were my son I wouldn't fight Pacquiao.

Did he worry about his health meaning that he saw Pacman as a beast?

If he was so worried about his health and his intention was to never fight Pacman, why even lead us on and mention is name over and over?

Comment

actually one is making record guaranteed purses to fight while the other made a tactical error in negotiating with Cotto and was forced to fight an opponent he said "I'm done with" and got KTFO.

so perhaps maybe the way you are spinning it isn't accurate.
                    not spinning anything.

pac has said he will take less and do the tests. true or false?

mayweather making demand after demand? true or false?

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                      Can you please answer my original question

Why did Floyd keep mentioning Manny Pacquiao's name randomly?

Also why did he mention self preservation and health when it came to the topic of Pacquiao? His uncle Roger even said he was on A side meth, his father Floyd said openly if I were my son I wouldn't fight Pacquiao.

Did he worry about his health meaning that he saw Pacman as a beast?

If he was so worried about his health and his intention was to never fight Pacman, why even lead us on and mention is name over and over?
                      Mention his name how. For the last few years he always got asked about PAC in every interview and after every fight. I doubt he saw PAC as a beast because he Wasnt one. Especially not vs a counter puncher. He should be more worried about cAnelo due to his size adv. I don't know what he means with self preservation you'd have to ask him

Comment

Working...
                      X