No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mystery Man Admits He Helped Correct Khan-Peterson Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
    If this guy is admitting to this, it does raise questions, I don't like Khan but I can't deny that. And it does raise questions. But 113-112 was absolutely fairer than 115-110. I have more questions about the judge giving Khan 9 rounds than the other two.

I guess just go ahead and fight a rematch, but Khan was not robbed, in anyway shape or form.
    I have questions about how Peterson was scored so many rounds. He fought well but he didnt win enough rounds.

I thought the first judge had it 114-111? Thats how I had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      I have questions about how Peterson was scored so many rounds. He fought well but he didnt win enough rounds.

I thought the first judge had it 114-111? Thats how I had it.
      Yeah, and we all know you're not subject to bias or anything.

Comment

This is priceless -

Mike Costello,
        BBC boxing commentator

"World title fights are scored on a system called the 10 point must.

"That means each judge must give the winner of each round 10 points, with the opponent getting nine points or lower if the round was one sided.

"The first round included a knock-down by Khan, which under the rules means the first round had to be scored 10-8 in his favour.

"All three judges and everyone in the crowd agreed with that.

"Michael Welsh must have scored it that way too so if that round was scored 10-8 where does Mustapha Ameen get his nine, nine and nine from?"

Comment

Originally posted by jmmfan View Post
          Yeah, and we all know you're not subject to bias or anything.
          And neither are you, right?

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            Dirk, Khan was proven sort of right on one thing he complained about after weeks of complaining about various other things. If the scores had been unrealistic, Khan would have a point. They were in fact dead on with how everyone else scored the fight, except the bullsh** judge that had it 115-110, that was the worst of the three scorecards.

It would have been a bigger travesty if Khan had won the fight and afterwards we find out a judge had given that 10-8 round for Peterson to Khan, robbing Peterson of the win.
            This,I totally agree with...BTW see you in the SuperBowl..(Hopefully)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
              And neither are you, right?
              Right. I hate Khan as a person, he's a disgraceful, unintelligent whiner. I watch boxing from a neutral standpoint though, and from that I can say Khan has decent skills behind a great body. What I saw, as a boxing fan, was a gassed out and running Khan get beat, not by much but still beat. That seems to be the general consensus from people who aren't Khan fans or the type who blindly support fighters of their country.

Khan lost not only in my eyes, but in the eyes of official judging. If you're really buying into this Mystery Man crap as a means to justify his loss, then I hereby coin the new term "Khantard". Just for you.

Comment

Right. I hate Khan as a person, he's a disgraceful, unintelligent whiner. I watch boxing from a neutral standpoint though, and from that I can say Khan has decent skills behind a great body. What I saw, as a boxing fan, was a gassed out and running Khan get beat, not by much but still beat. That seems to be the general consensus from people who aren't Khan fans or the type who blindly support fighters of their country.

Khan lost not only in my eyes, but in the eyes of official judging. If you're really buying into this Mystery Man crap as a means to justify his loss, then I hereby coin the new term "Khantard". Just for you.
                Your biased opinion does not equate to "the general consensus". Sorry.

Comment

Look at Romebyko's thread asking people to post their scorecards. The real "general consensus" from that thread at least is that Khan won. In fact, a great number of people had the same score I had.

So yeah....suck my hairy ball sack.

Comment

Originally posted by Makaaveli View Post
                    This is priceless -

Mike Costello,
                    BBC boxing commentator

"World title fights are scored on a system called the 10 point must.

"That means each judge must give the winner of each round 10 points, with the opponent getting nine points or lower if the round was one sided.

"The first round included a knock-down by Khan, which under the rules means the first round had to be scored 10-8 in his favour.

"All three judges and everyone in the crowd agreed with that.

"Michael Welsh must have scored it that way too so if that round was scored 10-8 where does Mustapha Ameen get his nine, nine and nine from?"
                    exactly my point in my earlier post. Guy is attempting to save face

Comment

Originally posted by Money_May View Post
                      exactly my point in my earlier post. Guy is attempting to save face
                      who cares? welsh's card has about as much merit as yours or mine. he was sitting there as a WBA supervisor and not an official judge. and i read he scored it a DRAW ... so much about robbery claims when even WBA's own supervisor scored it a close fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X