No announcement yet.

smoking weed and boxing??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smoking weed and boxing??

hi guys..i train 3 to 4 times a week and im going to compete..is there anything wrong with smoking weed at night? i dont smoke at all during the day when i know im gonna be training on that day.i take a few hits out a water pipe at night..i stay away from swishers and things like that because i dont smoke ciggs or nicotine..well just want to know if its bad for my conditioning.i stopped drinking because that messes with conditioning right? im not here for people to talk ****.just want to hear some honest opinions or to see if anyone here boxes and smokes and if it affects the conditioning of a boxer..thanks guys

I'm sure if you use it in moderation and don't let it get in the way of training it won't be totally detrimental. Of course, I only base this on the fact that lots of successful boxers smoke weed. For all I know it could be absolutely terrible for someone who is boxing.

Comment

hit that dro

hit that gym

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalMexican View Post
        hi guys..i train 3 to 4 times a week and im going to compete..is there anything wrong with smoking weed at night? i dont smoke at all during the day when i know im gonna be training on that day.i take a few hits out a water pipe at night..i stay away from swishers and things like that because i dont smoke ciggs or nicotine..well just want to know if its bad for my conditioning.i stopped drinking because that messes with conditioning right? im not here for people to talk ****.just want to hear some honest opinions or to see if anyone here boxes and smokes and if it affects the conditioning of a boxer..thanks guys
        I don't think weed is considered PED.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
          I'm sure if you use it in moderation and don't let it get in the way of training it won't be totally detrimental. Of course, I only base this on the fact that lots of successful boxers smoke weed. For all I know it could be absolutely terrible for someone who is boxing.
          Can you name some?

Comment

Originally posted by sdcluser View Post
            I don't think weed is considered PED.
            nonsense....

Comment

i love smoking i aint gonna lie lol...but i also love boxing..my trainers tell me im pretty good and hit hard..if i start making it in boxing i will def quit..just want to know it would affect my conditioning in amatuer boxing..i got drunk on saturday and sparred tuesday and noticed i was really tired while sparring...so im guessing me getting tired faster was from drinking right?? either way i decided to stop drinking if i wanna box...before i decide to smoking weed just want to know if it really affects my game

Comment

Once you quit smoking weed its going to be easier to wake up in the morning and over all you going to feel ALOT better. Its not gunna happen after quiting for 2 days but once youve been clean for 3-4 weeks everythings going to be easier, and your reflexes will be better. If you want to get high, goto the gym! After a Hard workout you brain releases endorphins and it makes you feel great. Endorphins are the same thing your brain releases when you do Coke, theyre the thing that makes drugs make you feel good. Trust me on this one, I had been a BIG partyer for the last 15 years. 6 months ago I quit everything (Coke,alcohol, weed, cigs, pills) and I've never been stronger or faster! Either way goodluck!

Comment

Originally posted by TuR'oK View Post
                  nonsense....
                  Maybe PED after the fight. I bet Pac and Floyd don't do bong right before a fight no?

Comment

I don't think occasional weed itself would hurt athletes but putting any smoke in your lungs will affect you endurance. If not just shortness of breath, getting the proper oxygen to the muscles and brain give you the best chance of success. If I were serious about any sport still, I would hold off smoking anything til after I was done and retired.

Comment

Working...
                    X