Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the prospects that Shobox build up always end up on HBO?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do the prospects that Shobox build up always end up on HBO?

Most recent will be Bradley. Is it more money, i don't get how it really works between these 2 networks and whats the difference in how they do their business.

HBO waves a bigger check (and potentially, more exposure) in front of a fighter's face if they're interested, and said fighter jumps ship. Happened to Chad Dawson, too. And even Bernard Hopkins back in the day, methinks.

Comment

That's how it always is!!That's why I prefer showtime,they put the prospects up against heavy opp,make great fights then hbo comes & offer them more money then they go to hbo & ruin their career!!

Comment

Because, Showtime don't sign fighters anymore. The only fighters they have undercard are the ones in the Super 6. But, the contract will end when the Super 6 ends.

Showtime=Great fights/No rights.

While HBO do sign fighters. They have contracts.

HBO=We want stars/who cares about competitive fights and if you're a GBP or Haymon fighter we will overpay.

Comment

Showtime was once bigger than HBO in the 80's..they had Tyson and Chavez.. as they declined so did the network. But what Showtime is doing is RIGHT. They are not jumping on the promotors bandwagon like HBo does GBP... Showtime learned it's lesson from the Don King era...

Showtime are more interested in putting on good fights than signing a deal with a promotor..unless it's Gary Shaw lol

Comment

I get the $$$ issue, but when it comes to prospects HBO seems to hype them up and sooner or later the fall i.e. Angulo & Ortiz. SHO tends to just throw the to the wolves and see who comes out on top, a better techniques if you ask me.

Comment

Showtime has the super 6 with clean Kessler, and dirty cheating Ward among others.

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                I get the $$$ issue, but when it comes to prospects HBO seems to hype them up and sooner or later the fall i.e. Angulo & Ortiz. SHO tends to just throw the to the wolves and see who comes out on top, a better techniques if you ask me.

Showtime built Angulo up with the shobox series..him and kirkland at the same time in fact.. they put them both in good fights...

Comment

Originally posted by AllEyesOpen View Post
                  Damn right it is. And, Showtime likes to show the lower weight-classes also like the bantamweight division. Which is the best division in boxing. Yet HBO refuses to show them.

Fuck HBO....

Showtime>HBO

Lower weight divisions and great fights/no rights is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
                    Because, Showtime don't sign fighters anymore. The only fighters they have undercard are the ones in the Super 6. But, the contract will end when the Super 6 ends.

Showtime=Great fights/No rights.

While HBO do sign fighters. They have contracts.

HBO=We want stars/who cares about competitive fights and if you're a GBP or Haymon fighter we will overpay.
                    that's why HBO puts on ****ty cards and mismatches and most showtime cards are close if not good fights.

Comment

Working...
                    X