No announcement yet.

Whats a good time for a 5 mile run?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingoftheAnts View Post
    I recently started doing 5 mile runs three times a week to improve my stamina. i used to do 3 mile runs but then I just stopped my routine pretty much during the summer.

I can usually do 5 in around 40-42 mins.

Basically I wanna see how far I have to go to get up to standard. For guys who do this sort of distance regularly whats the average time you hit usually?

Any young athlete should be able to do 35 minutes or less.

Comment

Originally posted by potatoes View Post
      Any young athlete should be able to do 35 minutes or less.
      agreed, 30 minutes is a good time. Anything longer isn't good. 6 minute mile should be your pace.

Comment

I think it's best to run the same speed throughout. I think you burn more calories if your heartrate is raised to a regular bpm for a long period of time. How quickly you can run x amount of miles doesn't really matter, it's how long you are running for which makes the difference.

Comment

The purpose is to get in better shape not to try to get ripped. You dont get points or knock outs by being ripped.

Comment

A 5 mile jog for me would take 40 minutes. I could run about 36minutes pushing it.

Comment

when i was in full time training for my athletics club...i was doin 8 miles in just under an hour...i run the 100 and 200 so i know and hour is a **** time for 8 miles...but i is just to build my stamina up a bit!

i run the 100 in 10.21 btw.

Comment

Originally posted by dobermann28 View Post
                i run the 100 in 10.21 btw.
                Pah, I can do it in less than that. (If I was on a bike with a rolling start.)

Comment

Originally posted by Landon S View Post
                  The purpose is to get in better shape not to try to get ripped. You dont get points or knock outs by being ripped.
                  Who said it's for boxing?? The guy just wants to run, I would imagine it's to lose weight or get in better shape/tone.

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
                    I think it's best to run the same speed throughout. I think you burn more calories if your heartrate is raised to a regular bpm for a long period of time. How quickly you can run x amount of miles doesn't really matter, it's how long you are running for which makes the difference.
                    I would say it's both really .Some of them workouts on the tradmills don't raise your heart rate enough .But look at the size difference in the olympic sprinter compared to the long distance runner .It proves that long running shifts more calories .

Comment

Originally posted by Jambo Boy View Post
                      Who said it's for boxing?? The guy just wants to run, I would imagine it's to lose weight or get in better shape/tone.

I just assumed it was for boxing since we're in a boxing forum not a runners forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X