Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many old school boxers might have used PEDS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sugar ray leonard was definitely on steroids

Comment

Every athlete in every sport throughout the history of time has been on PED's I have no Actual proof, just an Ill informed opinion but trust me it's true, If you don't believe me ask the countless PED experts on BS they know whats up...

If you don't believe it you don't know **** bout boxin.

Man I'd be an amazing lawyer.

Comment

Mike Tyson was on roids? That sucks heard that rumor before, I guess it makes sense, esp. the way way he flattened everyone in the beginning. I'm sure anyone that worked with Panama Lewis was on anything that would have given them the advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Roger08 View Post
          Every athlete in every sport throughout the history of time has been on PED's I have no Actual proof, just an Ill informed opinion but trust me it's true, If you don't believe me ask the countless PED experts on BS they know whats up...
          Finally. Someone knows what's up.

All these ATGs that everyone loves so much were on PEDs. It's nothing new. Sugar Ray Robinson was on them, Sugar Ray Leonard was on them, Sugar Shane Mosley was on them. It's the way it is.

Comment

Bob Fitzsimmons' training camp was run by Antonio Ariza, the great uncle of Alex Ariza.
            Seriously look it up, explains how he could knock out people 30 pounds heavier than him.

Comment

Boxing, like most sports, is about getting an edge. Todays edge is PED's. BITD it could be gloves, rosins on the gloves, burning cream in hair/body etc.

Comment

Originally posted by T-97 View Post
                Finally. Someone knows what's up.

All these ATGs that everyone loves so much were on PEDs. It's nothing new. Sugar Ray Robinson was on them, Sugar Ray Leonard was on them, Sugar Shane Mosley was on them. It's the way it is.
                Sugar was street slang for PED's back in the day, hence the monikers, I don't understand how people didn't figure this out sooner.

Suger ray Robinson = roid Ray Robinson
                Suger ray Leonard= Coke-y Ray Leonard
                Suger Shane Mosley= Anabolic steriod Shane mosley.

little known fact James Toney is also on Diurectics*

Comment

Several Im sure.........................

Comment

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post
                    Bob Fitzsimmons' training camp was run by Antonio Ariza, the great uncle of Alex Ariza.
                    Seriously look it up, explains how he could knock out people 30 pounds heavier than him.
                    You mean Bob Roidsimmons, right?

Comment

Roids started getting big in the early 80's in body building and other sports, as for boxing, back then there were not alot of designer roids like there were in the 90's and now. Most of the juice back then gave you size and strength which would be deterimental to WW size guys, but im sure they were coked out back then.

In my opinion, every major heavyweight of the 80's, 90's even 2000's with the expection of Forman and Ruiz were probably juicing. Now this is not to say they juiced during training camp which i think most of the heavyweights did, but they were juicing at some point to get that size. When designer PED's became more popular in the 90's and 00's then the WW etc. could juice and still keep their weight low. Even RJJ was cranking, no way he got up to HW without it. Mosley, Oscar are two other big names.

Currently, my guess is guys do not juice during training camp because of all the testing, but it is often used for "healing" in between fights. Personally i think even when Floyd took his hiatus from the sport, there is a very good chance he was doing some "healing".

Often, just like in politics, the guy that is making the most noise about an issue, is usually guilty himself. Peterson is a fine example of this, in his case knowingly or not since he wanted the testing in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                      X