No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Denies Fifth Pacquiao Fight, No Decision Yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
    No, it has nothing to do with a fan base, it has to do with the revenue of the fighter on PPV's. Floyd and Pac pull in the numbers against whoever and whenever they fight. The numbers are increased during Cinco De Mayo because of an undercard with Mexican fighters but the fact is, JMM will never pull the numbers that Floyd and Pac do. But he is worthy of those numbers. JMM is a truly great fighter who has fought everyone, a Boxing icon and role model. He deserves more than Pac in a rematch, but Pac is the one who pulls the numbers on PPV's. JMM could never in a million years draw PPV numbers like Pac or Floyd. THAT is the business side.
    And exactly where do you think the "numbers" come from? Buyers. And if you think pacquiao generates those numbers alone, than your off base. The only fight where he did it alone was against clottey and statistically that fight did not do so well. And as for Marquez, after this kind of victory, he's gonna generate big numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
      But I hold JMM in higher regard than Pac and Floyd for the simple reason that he fought BOTH Pac and Floyd when niether Pac nor Floyd would fight each other and BOTH those guys made excuses for not fighting each other. JMM can retire some day knowing he fought both guys when all they had were excuses for not fighting each other. That makes JMM pretty damn special because NO ONE can say he ever ducked a fighter. He fought BOTH.
      1. JMM has a losing record against both

2. Pac never made no excuses to not fight floyd and gave JMM 3 rematches

3. JMM ducked Morales

4. Get your facts straight

Comment

• I would like to see a video of Roach kissing Marquez' ass.
        Uhm... or I don't...
        Anyway, Marquez has nothing more to prove; a rematch with Chris John @ MSG wouldn't be that profitable now would it?

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
          Marquez the GREAT!
          I really hope he retires

Hey Boss
          that punch from marquez to pac on your second signature was a couple of seconds after gettin up of the matt right ?

But the ref blocked the shot. thx for the angle bro ! where did u got it from ?

that was a hard punch , the proof that pac was gettin too wild when he connected marquez, something he didnt do in the third one.

Comment

• Juan Manuel "Tsunamita" Márquez.

Comment

• Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
              And exactly where do you think the "numbers" come from? Buyers. And if you think pacquiao generates those numbers alone, than your off base. The only fight where he did it alone was against clottey and statistically that fight did not do so well. And as for Marquez, after this kind of victory, he's gonna generate big numbers
              You are forgetting, JMM does not outdo Pac and Floyd. Floyd vs any fighter and Pac vs any fighter still pull more than JMM vs any fighter in PPV. No one goes by projected numbers, they go by past revenue, and not by who beat who.
              Last edited by richardt; 12-30-2012, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• Pacquiao retire! don't risk your life!

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  3. JMM ducked Morales.
                  A), Pac said he was afraid of needles. Thats a duck. BOTH Pac and Floyd were Prima Donna's in negotiations. B) JMM knocked Pac COLD and any of those 3 fights could have gone either way. C) JMM never ducked Morales, he chose more monetary viable options. Pac and Floyd are more feared than Morales and he fought both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post

3. JMM ducked Morales

4. Get your facts straight
                    1. For somebody that doesn't believe the Bradley loss in pacquiao's record counts, you take records too serious, when in reality we all know how the PAC-Marq triology really played out.
                    2. The fact of the matter is they didn't fight; blame it on the two big egos, Snake Arum, not wanting to take the test... what have you, but the fact is they didn't fight.
                    3. Marquez was ducked by both Barrera an Morales early in his career so he payed him back with the same coin.
                    4. Get your head outta pacman's you know what...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chicago_Brown View Post
                      I knew it was only a matter of time before someone, particularly a blind JMM fan in denial, would point fingers in another direction. Stick to the subject at hand my friend. Besides didn't I say, to be equal, that NEITHER participated in random drug testing. And no the "Rat" didn't file a lawsuit against Conte. So stop with the false rumors. If I was cheating I probably would aim lower than another expert who just rightfully defend his suspicions and potentially expose me. The only reason Freddie "backed off" was for the mere fact that he didn't want to be sued. Win or loss it still cost money and time. He's not interested in losing either. That doesn't mean, his justifiable, suspicions have changed even remotely.

BTW- Who are the two athletes of Conte's that were under his services when they tested positive? I'll give you the answer before do the homework that you obviously didn't do before you made that asinine ill-informed statement -NONE-. If you start to open your mouth and say Berto please plant your foot in it simultaneously because Conte was not involved with that camp at all. Do you even know what Berto tested positive for? No. I didn't think so.

FYI- Conte actually works hand in hand with VADA the one and ONLY organization that is near fool proof with their testing. So yes the reformed man has a lot of room to talk on a subject that he's a lot more educated than you and I put together.

Lastly who cares what self serving Ariza has to say about anything. Manny is not educated on PEDs nor their use and is too classy to make an accusation that he's not certain of. It's just not his style. On the other hand I'll take it from the perspective of an expect (Conte) any day. I may not have 20/20 vision but I can see the obvious when it's staring me right in the face. Can you?.... SMH
                      I wasn't pointing the finger in another direction, I was simply pointing out the inconsistency of your criticism. You singled Marquez out for criticism because he didn't file a lawsuit against Conte, when Pacquiao hasn't done so either. For someone who puts so much weight on Conte's opinion, it's convenient the way you overlook his criticism of Pacquiao.

As far as Heredia's lawsuit against Conte, that's not something I simply made up. It was reported on boxingscene. I'm unaware of the current status of that suit, which is why I said "supposedly" rather than stated it as fact.

As far as Berto is concerned, he was indeed a client of Conte's. He had previously provided guidance with Berto's training regimen and was providing him with supplements during his training camp. Now, Conte has speculated that Berto may have ingested the banned substance from outside sources, but the fact remains that he did test positive and he was associated with Conte at the time.

Given Roach's reputation for talking out of his ass, I'm really not surprised that he's now backing off of those accusations. He had previously implied that Marquez refused to submit to their request for additional testing, which has since been denied by his promoter. In the past, team Pacquiao dismissed the need for additional testing and stressed the importance of allowing the commission to do their job. Well, they did their job and Marquez's results came back negative. So it's now time for Roach to pucker up.
                      Last edited by Caxcan; 12-30-2012, 01:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X