Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nelson vs. Chavez @ 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I woulda gave it to Chavez cause his punches where shorter. Nelson tend to wing his shots. I do think that Chavez had an Underrated Jab & thinkin ability

Comment

Chavez was in a different class, higher caliber fighter he wins!!! Ray.

Comment

Originally posted by CHEECH View Post
        youngstaz, nelson was faster n hit harder than any of those top 130lb on chavez record. nelson could also move and circle. nelson outpoints chavez at 130. not at 135 or 140 as chavez seemed to get bettter n stronger as he went into those divisions. its easy to read castillo's name off chavez record but castillo was completely done by the time he got the chavez fight. also, chavez just barely got by lockridge n if u tune out ferdie pacheco biased ass, u might even think lockrige won. so nelson outpoints chavez via mixing it up, boxing circles around him n pot shotting n even out quickin him on the inside.
        I'm far from a 'youngsta'...I've seen Chavez live, castillo live, Nelson live. I've seen them train. Chavez beats him all day, every day.

Comment

I vote Nelson...

Comment

but r u old enough to differentiate between chavez at 130 n chavez at 135? nothing in chavez record at 130 shows me that he could take nelson at that weight. at 135 id pick chavez. at 130, nelson.

Comment

but r u old enough to differentiate between chavez at 130 n chavez at 135? nothing in chavez record at 130 shows me that he could take nelson at that weight. at 135 id pick chavez. at 130, nelson.
              There is nothing to indicate Chavez got better moving up to 135.

Comment

"There is nothing to indicate Chavez got better moving up to 135"

Really? so walkin thru chapo's bombs n punishing him n pickin apart ramirez dont count for much? wow

Comment

"There is nothing to indicate Chavez got better moving up to 135"

Really? so walkin thru chapo's bombs n punishing him n pickin apart ramirez dont count for much? wow
                  Chavez was real good at 130; strong, hit hard, moved real well, and he beat a lot of good fighters. Including martinez, who got robbed vs Nelson in their first fight, and made it to the 12th of the 2nd fight, with a compound fracture of his right hand. He certainly didn't get worse moving up to 135, and, if he got better, it was because he got stronger because it was 5 more pounds he didn't have to lose.
                  And I'm old enough. I remember when he fought Adrian Arreola, and I remember Arreola before he fought Chavez.

Comment

i hear u grey, just imo but seems to me chavez was more of a blowswapper at 130 n a more precise tactician at 135 and of course stronger at the higher weight. but the more blowswapper u were, the more nelson had u n he was so much quicker than chavez especially in his feet. chavez overall career is top of the class but well u know where im goin here

Comment

At 130 Chavez had some problems with Laporte. And Lockridge was WAY stronger than Chavez when they fought, he bullied jcc backwards and jcc made some excuses about it after the fight about training problems. I had Chavez winnin both those fights but i don't know if he'd have the strength or skill to beat Nelson....

135+ though would be a different fight......

Comment

Working...
                      X