Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He looks like Rich Loc with his slick hair

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
      I'd like to get a 1911 at some point, they're just so damn expensive. I shot a Kimber once and it was like butter.

Never shot .357 sig, but I've heard good ****. But that its hard to find and pricey.
      kimber's are good 1911's. mine is a colt.

problem with .357 sig is i have to order boxes of ammo to shoot. they don't handload it at my range.

the prices are almost the same as other calibers (or it should be) the problem is no one carries it on the shelf. you have to order it.

Originally posted by Sweet Pea 50 View Post
      Mine are the .357 125 grain federal hydro-shocks loaded in my Ruger GP-100. But to each their own.
      did i tell you i sold my ruger , pea?

Comment

btw , pea.

you should switch regular 125 gr. federal jhp's instead of hydra shoks.

the regular hollow points in .357 magnum is better than hydra shoks in .357 magnum and it's a few bucks cheaper.

hydra shoks are better with slower , bigger bullets like 230 gr. .45 or 180 gr. .40.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          btw , pea.

you should switch regular 125 gr. federal jhp's instead of hydra shoks.

the regular hollow points in .357 magnum is better than hydra shoks in .357 magnum and it's a few bucks cheaper.

hydra shoks are better with slower , bigger bullets like 230 gr. .45 or 180 gr. .40.
          can you get all these different kinds of ammo at Turners or places like that?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack D Ripper View Post
            can you get all these different kinds of ammo at Turners or places like that?
            yes. for the most part.

9mm parabellum - best with 115 gr. hollow points but make sure it's +p or +p+ ammo

.357 magnum - best with 125 gr. hollow points

.40 s&w - for some reason all bullets are effective whether the light , fast 155 gr. hollow points or the heavier , slow 180 gr. hollow points

.45 acp - best with 230 gr. hollow points but some 185 gr. are good as long as it's +p and have the higher velocities

remington golden sabre , cci/speer gold dots , federal tactical hst , winchester ranger sxt are the top of the line hollow points right now. the best is corbon dpx though but they're hard to find.

winchester silvertip , federal hydra-shoks are still popular and still effective but that's through old reputation. the bullets i named above are better performers.

right now i'm using federal hydra-shoks 180 gr. in .40 s&w and 230 gr. in .45 acp and using 125 gr. cci/speer gold dots in .357 sig.

only reason i have boxes of hydra-shoks is because they went on sale at my target range real cheap. it's older design and not as effective but still good.

plus my .357 sig is my primary defense pistol anyway since it has night sights. for that i use cci/speer gold dots but i'm planning to switch over to corbon dpx.

corbon dpx is probably the best right now combining expansion with very good penetration through barriers (something a lot of hollow points don't have). i'm just waiting 'til i have some money to buy several boxes for each of my guns.

Comment

kimber's are good 1911's. mine is a colt.

problem with .357 sig is i have to order boxes of ammo to shoot. they don't handload it at my range.

the prices are almost the same as other calibers (or it should be) the problem is no one carries it on the shelf. you have to order it.

did i tell you i sold my ruger , pea?
              I gotcha, man. I got some 230 grain shoks in my S.A. 1911. You sold your monster Ruger? The .460?

Comment

I gotcha, man. I got some 230 grain shoks in my S.A. 1911. You sold your monster Ruger? The .460?

yup.

ammo is just too expensive. i'm not a hunter. i don't need. i just got it because it was cool.

plus ruger stopped making the .480 version so ammo prices will just go up even more.

i might get the .44 magnum version.

i gave my ruger blackhawk .45 a couple years ago (didn't really like it. it was just a gift i got) and no more sp101 either.

i need at least 1 ruger. maybe next year i'll get the same alaskan but in .44 mag

Comment

yup.

ammo is just too expensive. i'm not a hunter. i don't need. i just got it because it was cool.

plus ruger stopped making the .480 version so ammo prices will just go up even more.

i might get the .44 magnum version.

i gave my ruger blackhawk .45 a couple years ago (didn't really like it. it was just a gift i got) and no more sp101 either.

i need at least 1 ruger. maybe next year i'll get the same alaskan but in .44 mag
                  You ever get a chance to fire off one those Linebaugh's? If I remeber correct, they were built off the Black Hawk frame Rugers. Nastiest fu.king handgun I have ever fired. And that was the .475. The .500 would probably put me in the hospital, lol. I got pretty decent hand and forearm strength for a little dude, but that thing kicked my ass.

Comment

You ever get a chance to fire off one those Linebaugh's? If I remeber correct, they were built off the Black Hawk frame Rugers. Nastiest fu.king handgun I have ever fired. And that was the .475. The .500 would probably put me in the hospital, lol. I got pretty decent hand and forearm strength for a little dude, but that thing kicked my ass.
                    those .475 limbaughs and .500 limbaughs are crazy.

never even seen one except in magazines.

they're custom made. you won't ever find one in a store.

i've heard of people hunting giant alaskan grizzly bears with those things.

Comment

those .475 limbaughs and .500 limbaughs are crazy.

never even seen one except in magazines.

they're custom made. you won't ever find one in a store.

i've heard of people hunting giant alaskan grizzly bears with those things.
                      Yeah, they ain't cheap. Around $2500, and that's without the Black Hawk. It was year's ago, but it was my grandpa's friend that did a lot of hunting along black bear habitation. I guess a .454, or bear mace wasn't enough, lol. I would compare them to the first twin turbo Viper's. Doctor killer's....

Comment

Working...
                      X