Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Roy Jones Jr could have beaten David Haye at heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you think Roy Jones Jr could have beaten David Haye at heavyweight?

Or is Roy too small for heavyweight since the only real win he has is over Ruiz at heavy.
    Roy would beat the shit out of David Haye
    40.00%
    David Haye would beat the shit out of Roy Jones Jr
    27.50%
    Even match up but Roy got this
    10.00%
    Even match up but Haye got this
    12.50%
    Not sure
    10.00%

The Roy Jones from the Ruiz fight? Yes, without a doubt, unless he got caught with a bomb. The Roy from today? Hell no.

Comment

I dont see why not. I actually think it would be a very,very good fight. The Jones that beat Ruiz would be very tough for Haye to beat, whether Jones could take his power is doubtful though,and Haye is a lot quicker than Ruiz. It would be a very competitive fight.

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
        The Roy Jones from the Ruiz fight? Yes, without a doubt, unless he got caught with a bomb. The Roy from today? Hell no.
        What he said.

Comment

RJJ is a phenom but Haye would decapitate him. Haye is the worst matchup for RJJ at HW, a fast guy with power.

Comment

Originally posted by hammerhiem View Post
            RJJ is a phenom but Haye would decapitate him. Haye is the worst matchup for RJJ at HW, a fast guy with power.
            I think Klitschkos, and Lewis would have beaten Roy and Haye...

On the same damn night.

Comment

Tricky. Both at 200-ish would be very evenly matched - both have the speed, not the most granite of chins, and a wallop of a punch.

I voted Not Sure, but in hindsight (one minute later), I'll pick Haye because he's more natural at the weight.

Comment

Right now i would say RJJ but i may change my mind after tomorrow night

Comment

Originally posted by street bully View Post
                  Same Thought here.

Comment

any fighter who was as big as lewis, or a klit would have dismantled rjj. any fighter who was as skilled or as speedy as haye or tyson would have KO'd him.

rjj does stand a chance against fghters like holyfield, ruiz and rahman though. the fact that he even stands a chance against them speaks volumes for his talent and ability.

Comment

Working...
                    X