No announcement yet.

VERNON FORREST is such a nice guy...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VERNON FORREST is such a nice guy...

First of all, he leads such a charitiable life. Apparently he started this whole House thing to help out retarted people. He's gotten more then one of them to be able to live on their own.

And secondly, the whole build (if there has been any) over the FORREST-BALDOMIR fight, hes been nothing but class. Read what he said in response to HOPKINS's attempt to sell tickets and PPV's by slapping WRIGHT

"I understand that we池e athletes and entertainers, but I知 not knocking anyone in the head [at a press-conference] to get people to watch this fight," Forrest, 36, said in a cell-phone interview before the fight. "I知 not going to compromise my integrity by doing crazy stuff just to get on TV. I知 not going to do that. I知 not going to berate this guy, Baldomir, who is fighting for his family, just to get a buzz going. I知 not going to insult him. That痴 not how I operate."

I got that from a Article here on Boxingscene.

And anybody think this bout will be entertaining? I personally do. Two guys that are fighting for their professional careers. Seems like a bout that will entertain. Not a war, but asthetically pleasing

I'm interested and will be checking this fight out. He looked good at times against Quartey. But he is shoulder wasn't that strong and you could tell. He should coast to a decsion with the jab. There's no way you can miss that dome of Baldomir.
    Last edited by Kobe Bryant; 07-27-2007, 10:24 PM.

Comment

Thats funny, I always thought he was a disrespectful fighter.

Comment

Yeah he is a good guy. Im glad for a short time the boxing world took notice to him ( top P4P fighter). Too bad he got mixed up with a prime Ricardo Mayorga or his story would be a lot different.

Comment

Isn't Forrest the same classless ******* who came rapping to the ring with some ghetto rapper prior to his first fight with Mayorga?

Comment

Yep, great fellow. Shame he's going to lose this fight.

I don't remember his ring entrance with Mayorga (never watch 'em, or the ring announcer for that matter), just remember the fight itself.

Comment

"Ghetto Rapper"

Please stop.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
                "Ghetto Rapper"

Please stop.
                lol co signing "ghetto rapper" haha

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
                  "Ghetto Rapper"

Please stop.
                  lol.

whys that even matter though? If you like rap you like rap.

would he have had more class if he came in singing some beatles song?

Comment

He is not as nice as he seems, at least to the media. I heard he is not a big fan of the media and rarely gives interviews and snubs guys off. He is kind of a dick off camera like Tszyu is - at least to the media. I'm sure he is a great guy to average guys on the street like me and you, though. It is great what he said about Baldomir but the fight isn't on PPV so I dont really see his point..

Comment

Working...
                    X