Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

As a fight fan, which do you prefer? Sheer dominance or ongoing competitiveness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Da Machine View Post
    If it's my favorite fighter, I like to see dominance. Otherwise give me a back and forth match.
    This right here.

Comment

Actually a really good question and a tough one TS.

It's good to have a dominant champ, but when you end up with one guy so far ahead of the pack that you just know he's gonna win the fights lose much of their excitement.

In my case, for example, I'm a big fan of both Golovkin and Kovalev (amongst many others) - but increasingly - despite believing GGG to be the more complete fighter, I'm finding myself more excited by the Kovalev fights and the LHW division.

Of course - I may be eating crow in a coupla hours - but I'm pretty sure GGG is going to flatten Geale, who has a fair argument at being the most accomplished MW (more so than Golovkin in fact by resume).

At LHW OTOH whilst I favour Kovalev against both Stevenson and Hopkins, I'm only too aware that one straight left counter by Stevenson could leave Sergei out for 10 or that Hopkins could smother and baffle him.

I guess in a long winded way I'm saying that I prefer the ongoing competition - it just makes for more exciting fights IMO.

Comment

ongoing competitiveness, I don't want to see everybody get destroy , Want to see more fights like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kaWedj4G2s

Comment

Working...
        X