Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is a great round by round breakdown on yt that is very telling

Comment

Originally posted by bose View Post
      Castillo won this fight. A fight that Larry was saying Castillo sold his title but Castillo gives Floyd his toughest fight up to that point. Even their second fight was a close fight but Floyd decided to stay away more aggressively. I don't see how people think Castillo lost all of the first 5 rounds. Too bad Castillo didn't get the decision he deserved and as for close rounds that usally goes to the Champion not the contender, you have to take the title from the Champion (which is why pac has decision wins over marquez, judges look for aggresiveness).
      What an absurd contradiction. Just shows you the bias people hold against Mayweather.

There were many more very close rounds that were hard to score in Marquez/Pac 1 and 2, and there were no times where Marquez wasn't being very assertive with his style and aggressive combination punching, so by your standard he should have quite easily won those if you give close/evenish rounds to the champion. In fact, if thats the case, Marquez basically dominated those fights.

Comment

This place is on fire! :ibutt:

Comment

114-112 Castillo.

Comment

Originally posted by One more round View Post
            it was just a close fking fight. 115-113 either way is acceptable as is a draw. Why the fk can't people just accept that.
            Exactly. I hate scoring fights for this very reason.

Comment

I had Castillo winning by 2 points. It wasn't a huge robbery like some people claim. I thought Castillo definitely did enough to keep his belt though.

Very strange scorecards in both of the Floyd/Castillo fights.

The first fight was a close one were a lot of people had Castillo winning, yet the judges scored it 116-111, 115-111, 115-111.

The 2nd fight was clearly won by Floyd and the judges scored that one 116-113, 115-113, 115-113.

Comment

I think I had JLC just nicking it, im not sure. What I took from it though was it was just a close fight and basically anyone's.

Floyd was a clearer winner in the rematch which was also fairly close and went on too become a better fighter than he was here too

Comment

Had Castillo winning by a couple points.

Comment

I had castillo up by 2. I wouldn't call it a robbery as it was close but I thought Castillo definitely won it and deserved the nod

Comment

How did you have round 5 for castillo tho lmao?

Comment

Working...
                      X