Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sorry for Another Floyd thread.. But could Floyd have stopped Shane last night?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for Another Floyd thread.. But could Floyd have stopped Shane last night?

I think he could have. Those punches seemed like they really bothered Shane towards the end and he didn't have much left in the tank. Nazim Richardson even indicated he was considering stopping the fight..

Floyd held back like he always does. But I think if he turned on the gas, he could have gotten Shane out of there. Am I crazy for thinking that?

Floyd is afraid of turning up the gas because he might get sparked and catch fire.

It's not that he didn't want to, it's that he was afraid to.

Too much of a defensive mentality.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePunchingBag View Post
      Floyd is afraid of turning up the gas because he might get sparked and catch fire.

It's not whether that he didn't want to, it's that he was afraid to.

Too much of a defensive mentality.
      Clearly he was very mindful of Shane's power, yes. BUT..

COULD he have stopped him?

Comment

I believe he could have, if he had stepped up his work rate and took more risk.

Comment

last night was all Flyod got. Its just happen Mosley made him look good, bec Mosley have no stamina and gasping for air after 4th round.

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Was the potential there? Sure.

But the offensive mentality and killer instinct is not.

Which is why even though it could've happened, it still wouldn't have happened.

Comment

yeah I think he could have but only really because Mosley was exhausted

Comment

DID he stop Shane last night? NO, OK, Why did you make this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Derranged View Post

Yes, he could have. He could have stopped DLH and Marquez too. We seen some of Floyds greatness last night, but he held back because of round 2.

Now the world knows why he is so defensive. Can't blame him for it though. Everyone has their limitations and he knows he doesn't have a chin like Margarito so why even take the chance when you're superb in other areas.

I think his legacy would be even greater if he was knocking these dudes out. The KO is what makes boxing special and its what people want to see.

Comment

Originally posted by M@nny View Post
                    DID he stop Shane last night? NO, OK, Why did you make this thread?
                    Because I wanted to see if other people saw what I saw???

Don't be bitter.

And Tortilla Warrior, Im not so sure he could have stopped DLH, that DLH had much more to offer than Mosley last night.

Comment

Working...
                    X