Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(Poll) In His Prime Was Roy Jones Jr Unbeatable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
    He sure did, eking out a split decision in the UK. Want to see a sonning? How about Malinga vs. Robin Reid?
    Owned. Yet again.

LOL@sonning = barely eeking out split decisions in your backyard.

Comment

What reported "talks?"
      The talks which Frank Warren talks about in the Joe Calzaghe documentary: Not your Average Joe. Samurai also posted up some articles from the BBC a while back about it.

Comment

Originally posted by KiloTeague View Post
        Virgil Hill got KOd with a 4th round body shot. James Toney and John Ruiz were vertally shut out. Just like every fighter he fought. Shut out or knocked out. Is Virgil a bum? Is Toney a Bum? Is a 45 pounds heavier John ruiz a bum. Well they all got it just like that.
        I aint saying every guy he fought was a bum but a lot of them were. considering the stupid hbo contract he had which almost sent them into bankruptcy as well

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
          I aint saying every guy he fought was a bum but a lot of them were. considering the stupid hbo contract he had which almost sent them into bankruptcy as well
          You got a link for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Hellboy View Post
            The talks which Frank Warren talks about in the Joe Calzaghe documentary: Not your Average Joe. Samurai also posted up some articles from the BBC a while back about it.
            I've read many interviews with Frank Warren and never saw any negotiations with Square Ring. Never. Plus, I don't need to read some ****ing articles, I was following the sport back then. No one was even thinking about Calzaghe. And it wasn't because he was some "feared" fighter either.

Comment

I'd love to see this stuff. It seems to me the "talks" were always Warren and Joe blithering on like idiots about Roy but not actually you know DOING things.

I was under the impression that "talks" implied more than one party.

If you do find those links post em, I'd like to see.

Comment

You got a link for that?
                Yeah, Roy's contract was going to send the largest cable network in the USA into bankruptcy.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                  A lot of fighters fight some bums..most of the people who think these guys are bums never followed the sport back then.

When did you start watching boxing?

Comment

I've read many interviews with Frank Warren and never saw any negotiations with Square Ring. Never. Plus, I don't need to read some ****ing articles, I was following the sport back then. No one was even thinking about Calzaghe. And it wasn't because he was some "feared" fighter either.
                    Whats the point of this?

Comment

You got a link for that?
                      no but search it up, might be easy to find. after the 4-5m per guaranteed fight contract. roy started fighting bums mainly, they did only like 400k buys average and hbo were losing money every time roy fought bar the big fights

Comment

Working...
                      X