No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DiBella: Cotto’s Demands Motivated Martinez Even More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: DiBella: Cotto’s Demands Motivated Martinez Even More

For much of the “Face Off” segment between Sergio Martinez and Miguel Cotto that aired on HBO last week, the lineal middleweight champion questioned Cotto’s contractual demands — demands he accepted, including a catch weight of 159 pounds, Cotto’s name being listed first in the marketing of the fight, and Cotto walking to the ring and being introduced in the spot typically reserved for the champion.

[Click Here To Read More]

Like I said before.. The REAL reason Sergio is so mad at Cotto's demands is because he knows HE needed this fight more than Cotto. Cotto could have walked away from the table and took 10 million to fight Canelo while Martinez would be left without a dance partner and the "OH fight GGG!" demands would have been pouring in. Sergio knows this was his only way to get on PPV and he ultimatley decided to fight. Martinez could have walked away, he isnt the one fighting for the belt, he accepted Cotto as a challenger, and then he goes crying about the weight, and this and that.. THATS what I dont like. The 1 pound difference is just mind games, he learned that from Floyd. If you can gain ANY advantage at all, you take it.. I just feel Martinez should be grateful that Cotto is willing to take an ass whooping and give Martinez much needed exposure since he refuses to move up or fight the most dangerous man in his division.

Comment

Sergio has paid his dues and he knows that he is going to bring the ruckus in a few weeks. The talking is done and the A-side is going to end up as the B-side when the night is over.

Comment

Martinez doesn't need to Bring it to Cotto early. He just needs to make it competitive and Cotto will be there for the taking in the last few rounds when he gasses.

Comment

One of the best faceoffs in a long time. Martinez gots Cotto shook lol

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
            For much of the “Face Off” segment between Sergio Martinez and Miguel Cotto that aired on HBO last week, the lineal middleweight champion questioned Cotto’s contractual demands — demands he accepted, including a catch weight of 159 pounds, Cotto’s name being listed first in the marketing of the fight, and Cotto walking to the ring and being introduced in the spot typically reserved for the champion.

[Click Here To Read More]
            Martinez made cotto his btch in the face off. Hilarious when he asked cotto and how many of those fights you won? Opps I forgot none

Comment

I personally think that at the end Martinez will be the winner but I he's too confident about giving a beating to Cotto that at the end he may have a little surprise from Cotto. Remember the 12 round in the Chavez Jr. fight?

Comment

Originally posted by B-LITUS View Post
                One of the best faceoffs in a long time. Martinez gots Cotto shook lol
                I didn't see the version of face off you saw where Cotto was shook. Where can I watch that?

Comment

Martinez's KO power is the great equalizer but boy is he going to need it. When's the last time he took a punch? Been forced to use his legs? I could see him having lots of problems.

Comment

Originally posted by apocalypto View Post
                    Martinez made cotto his btch in the face off. Hilarious when he asked cotto and how many of those fights you won? Opps I forgot none
                    Actually it was Cotto who made Martinez his ***** by quickly reminding him who sells more tickets, who sells more PPV, and What an A side vs b side means. martinez' dumb ass thought Cotto was calling him a B class fighter.

Comment

Working...
                    X