Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking back months later...did hopkins quit against dawson?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
    I think he tried to get a cheap DQ win rather than face what may have been a difficult night where he was uncertain he would win.
    bingoooooo........

Comment

Prime example of "you'll see what you want to see".

You think he's a legend (as I do), you'll know he's far to good and see there is no sense in faking an injury.

You think he loves to win (as I do), you'll consider he was after a quick DQ win.

You don't like him, think he's overated, think he would of lost - you'll see a man looking for a way out.

Either way Hopkins copped a lot of hate for that fight when Dawson was the dip **** who picked him up...

Comment

Originally posted by F A R L A P View Post
        Prime example of "you'll see what you want to see".

You don't like him, think he's overated, think he would of lost - you'll see a man looking for a way out.

Either way Hopkins copped a lot of hate for that fight when Dawson was the dip **** who picked him up...
        its warranted in this case...given how he's faked lowblows and pulled acting jobs in the calzaghe and jones fights...

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
          I think he tried to get a cheap DQ win rather than face what may have been a difficult night where he was uncertain he would win.
          Yeah. This is what i feel or get a point deduction. But he is old so who knows if injury could be legit. I just dont buy the story he was losing 2 rnds in the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
            No Dawson ain't no killer I genuinely feel B-Hop he was hurt
            Dawson aint no killer?..Boy u must not have ever seen him at his best...He had some bad fights that made people forget why they used to call him "Bad" Chad....He was only training four months for pascal and glen, because he wanted to spend time with his family....But he is back to training 10 weeks....You dont know **** about Dawson, but you gonna learn today http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mBWxYlZasI

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy View Post
              Wouldn't make sense, he's always been a master at adjusting. He would have quickly formulated a plan if his initial one didn't work. What I believe happened was, there was some legitimacy to the injury, and because he knew who was in front of him, he bailed himself out as in his mind he felt...only thing he was gonna accomplish was handing out the title. So in short he quit, as hard as it is for me to admit that. Another possibility is, he looked for the ref to deduct a point and fucked himself in the process, I don't know

I've only watched it twice, not a good look for Hopkins.
              I've seen it once but from what I saw Hopkins didn't look ready he just didn't seem like his mind was there

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                its warranted in this case...given how he's faked lowblows and pulled acting jobs in the calzaghe and jones fights...
                Do you think Roy Hurt him in that fight?

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
                  Do you think Roy Hurt him in that fight?
                  no not at any time did roy jones have hopkins hurt in the fight...even when hopkins got hit in the back of the head...roy just doesn't punch with that kind of snap anymore...calzaghe definitely didn't hurt him with the lowblow...

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                    Anyone consider the possibility he was injured and couldn't continue. Injuries do happen, especially as they get older.
                    A bit difficult for nsb posters to comprehend

Comment

Working...
                    X