Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

you gotta admit theres gotta be a creator out there..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post

i could give you a plethora of awesome stories on why i think there is a creator, but there are just too many fggots around here just ready to pounce on you with negative bullshit....it's just not worth it....
    lets hear it dude...

reading creation myths gives one a sense of wonder... it allows us to keep in touch with our ancestors' thought processes... they are culturally significant... they are part of us as a sentient civilisation...

example... the mayan creation myth found in popol vuh...

http://www.atitlan.net/maya/mayan-creation-myth.htm

and oh yeah, these are the same mayans who devised a calendar so ingenious some people still believe the end of it also spells the end of mankind...

talk about culturally significant eh...
    Last edited by talip bin osman; 09-14-2012, 05:41 PM.

Comment

• I'm known as anti-religious... on the subject of if there is a creator.. whether it be some omnipresent God or another civilization that may have put us here... My answer is pretty simple... I dont know.

The answer from the likes of Dawkins that, because in science we know that life does not require a God there is no reason to bring a God to the table for the existence in life, just doesn't do it for me.

Just because life does not require a God, does not somehow mean or prove there isn't one.

Things that always bugged me out.. the the atmosphere, ozone layer... an invisible shield that really does appear to be put there for protection purposes.

I know Piggy always like to point out how there is scientific reasoning on why and how the atmosphere exists, but then again, that doesn't mean it wasn't created.... it doesn't mean it was created either.. so like i said, I dont know.

I'd say I'm ultimately skeptical on our entire existence... I'd like to think I stand in the middle of maybe there is, maybe there isn't.. there are things that make me say, it sure appears that was put there for a reason, and other things that make me feel like... probably not.

Religion though? And the Bible? Dont buy it all.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShaunRoberts View Post
          Brilliant!!! I attach myself to the Atheist movement purely for the lolz these days. Sort of like these guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by wood1985 View Post
            I watched the dissection of a giraffe on channel 4 (uk) and it showed a giraffes neck was likely derived through evolution.

The reason being, from memory, that there's an artery or nerve that starts at the bottom of the neck, moves all the way to the top and back down to reach its destination only a few short inches from where it started.

The argument is that as giraffes evolved their necks became longer and this nerve/artery went naturally with the neck growing.

If it was designed and placed on the earth then the connection would have only taken a few inches rather than metres because it served no purpose along the neck.

This suggests that if something created the giraffe then they weren't very intelligent!
            The recurring Laryngeal nerve is the one he was dissecting. It goes from the brain to the larynx and wraps around the heart. In fish this nerve takes a fairly direct route because the heart is close to the brain. In mammals the nerve travels from the brain to the chest cavity then back up to near the brain again! A good indication of evolutionary change by increments.

Originally posted by Manos_de_Piedra View Post
            if you look at the big picture, everything in this universe is just made up of protons, electrons, and neutrons.....
            Wouldn't that be the small picture?

positive energy, negative energy, and neutral energy.....just something cool to think about...
            Charge is not the same as energy and energy does not describe subatomic particles.

Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
            I'm known as anti-religious... on the subject of if there is a creator.. whether it be some omnipresent God or another civilization that may have put us here... My answer is pretty simple... I dont know.

The answer from the likes of Dawkins that, because in science we know that life does not require a God there is no reason to bring a God to the table for the existence in life, just doesn't do it for me.

Just because life does not require a God, does not somehow mean or prove there isn't one.
            No but from a scientific perspective (and Dawkins is very much a scientist) any step taken in your theory has to possess explanatory power. If you can explain lightning without resorting to angry gods then you do it, and any reference to gods that it not supported by evidence and which does not explain something hitherto not understood is pointless.

Things that always bugged me out.. the the atmosphere, ozone layer... an invisible shield that really does appear to be put there for protection purposes.
            Somewhat countered by the fact that the ozone layer and atmosphere is a barrier against the other almost 100% of the universe which will instantly kill us on contact!

Comment

• the word "know" is a very underrated word.... its a simple word at first glance, but if you think about it, its a very complex component of language... it is multi-dimensional...

*a quiz show contestant might show the world she "knows" something by answering a question correctly... but does it necessarily mean she is able to explain it in detail and prove it? she just "knows" by saying the right word... knowledge that is quite empty...

*knowledge because someone said so... like if you ask a neighbor if your dog is in their house ****ing their dog and your neighbor says yes... then you subconsciously conclude that you "know" your dog is there but never really actually seeing the animal...

*knowledge defined by cultural norms... "winning is better than losing" "christmas time is happy time" "its always nice to score high on exams" we see in this context the inescapable social component of one's knowledge...

and i dunno this type... a clueless dog sees a mound... all that animal sees is an accumulation of soil in there... nothing of significance... but to an ant-eater, its like kitchen to him... it is where he eats... it fills him up... it sustains him...its important to him... then to an ant, well... it is sacred to him... its very very meaningful to him... it his house... he works and lives there... he protects the big momma there...

the knowledge of the animals about the mound are all valid... they see a single thing in different ways...

**** the complexity of things...

/rant

Comment

• When I was younger the whole god and bible stories didn't feel right to me. That was from the age of five or six.

Whilst I have a more open thought on it now I don't believe any religion people prescribe to is accurate in any form.

I used to think that our earth could represent something like a piece of bacteria, in our terms, to the rest of the universe. We could be so small but part of something so unimaginably huge that we could be sitting spinning away in the corner of some huge guys living room!

Take an ant (for size) for example, I'm pretty sure an ant couldn't fathom the size of our planet or everything that goes on in it. Think of our planet as the ant.

I know people would like to live forever but one thing I would love would be to come back in 1,2,500 years just to see the human level of knowledge and exploration. If that meant finding a creator then great. Sadly, no one on the earth right now will get anywhere close to the answer.

And thanks to the poster who mentioned about the nerve.

Comment

• Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                  the word "know" is a very underrated word.... its a simple word at first glance, but if you think about it, its a very complex component of language... it is multi-dimensional...

*a quiz show contestant might show the world she "knows" something by answering a question correctly... but does it necessarily mean she is able to explain it in detail and prove it? she just "knows" by saying the right word... knowledge that is quite empty...

*knowledge because someone said so... like if you ask a neighbor if your dog is in their house ****ing their dog and your neighbor says yes... then you subconsciously conclude that you "know" your dog is there but never really actually seeing the animal...

*knowledge defined by cultural norms... "winning is better than losing" "christmas time is happy time" "its always nice to score high on exams" we see in this context the inescapable social component of one's knowledge...

and i dunno this type... a clueless dog sees a mound... all that animal sees is an accumulation of soil in there... nothing of significance... but to an ant-eater, its like kitchen to him... it is where he eats... it fills him up... it sustains him...its important to him... then to an ant, well... it is sacred to him... its very very meaningful to him... it his house... he works and lives there... he protects the big momma there...

the knowledge of the animals about the mound are all valid... they see a single thing in different ways...

**** the complexity of things...

/rant
                  knowledge is overatted

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.'' -einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
                    The recurring Laryngeal nerve is the one he was dissecting. It goes from the brain to the larynx and wraps around the heart. In fish this nerve takes a fairly direct route because the heart is close to the brain. In mammals the nerve travels from the brain to the chest cavity then back up to near the brain again! A good indication of evolutionary change by increments.

Wouldn't that be the small picture?

Charge is not the same as energy and energy does not describe subatomic particles.

No but from a scientific perspective (and Dawkins is very much a scientist) any step taken in your theory has to possess explanatory power. If you can explain lightning without resorting to angry gods then you do it, and any reference to gods that it not supported by evidence and which does not explain something hitherto not understood is pointless.

Somewhat countered by the fact that the ozone layer and atmosphere is a barrier against the other almost 100% of the universe which will instantly kill us on contact!
                    Ok, how is that countered? It supported it.... Protection right? Thats what I said.

Comment

• Originally posted by THE REED™ View Post
                      Ok, how is that countered? It supported it.... Protection right? Thats what I said.

Comment

Working...
                      X