• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he was loved and adored here

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
      Just sayin....or Foreman is

As Ali’s old adversary George Foreman explained yesterday, Ali “loved England and especially London. If he had been born and raised and boxed over there he never would have changed his name, because they made him, even as Cassius Clay, feel like the toast of the town. He loved it and got a taste of true manhood there.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/20...born-there-he/

Fact is, Ali knew that Britain was a much more tolerant, friendly, accepting, lovable, caring, generous, sympathetic and loyal country than America.

He knew that America was full of turds, idiots and grossly overweight bums who wash cars for a bottle to pee in then go home and beat up their wives.

Ali knew. That is why he LOVED Britain.

In fact, i think it would be a just tribute to say, that Muhammad Ali was British, not American. That would be a truly fitting tribute.
      So tolerant in fact that they drove Alan Turing to suicide because he was gay.

Comment

If he has been born in Britain be would not have been taught proper boxing.

Comment

This thread doe

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
            With our history of colonialism, the pivitol part we played in the slave trade and the uprisings that have erupted in places like Toxteth, Brixton and Bradford I don't think we have much room for criticisms.

If Ali was British he would have had to denounce his ethnic heritage and adopt conservative values to even get a smattering of patronising acceptance.
            Uprisings? You mean thugs looking for an opportunity to wreak havoc?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
              Uprisings? You mean thugs looking for an opportunity to wreak havoc?
              Nope. That's what you mean.

I'm talking about communities responding to years of racist attacks and police brutality.

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                Nope. That's what you mean.

I'm talking about communities responding to years of racist attacks and police brutality.
                What racist attacks?

Comment

I think you'll agree with me when i say that i alone have proven with this thread that America completely ruined Ali. Had he been British he's be alive and well right now, in all his glory.

It's such a shame that these stupid, fat, American ****s allowed his health to decline how it did. No British person would have allowed that.

I guess it shows just one of the many differences between our two nations. We loved Ali and America tried to kill him.

You Yanks should ALL be ashamed of yourselves.

God bless GREAT BRITAIN, the TRUE home of Ali.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype job View Post
                    What racist attacks?
                    The background to what happened in Bradford was a long standing history of attacks on Asian youths, homes and business' that the police were neglegant in dealing with. The situation erupted when those attacks were coupled with the presence of white supremacist groups campaigning in the area.

Toxteth and Brixton were more down to police brutality which I'd say still comes under the rubric of racist attack in many instances but I guess I did differentiate the two.

It's been a while since I read up on the Toxteth and Bradford uprisings (or riots depending on how you read it). My knowledge of what happened in Brixton is pretty limited. But I do know that what happened in Bradford was contrary to a lot of the media reports at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Box Up! View Post
                      I think you'll agree with me when i say that i alone have proven with this thread that America completely ruined Ali. Had he been British he's be alive and well right now, in all his glory.

It's such a shame that these stupid, fat, American ****s allowed his health to decline how it did. No British person would have allowed that.

I guess it shows just one of the many differences between our two nations. We loved Ali and America tried to kill him.

You Yanks should ALL be ashamed of yourselves.

God bless GREAT BRITAIN, the TRUE home of Ali.
                      Wow. . . . you've just cranked up the Yank baiting a notch or two there. I don't know whether your alt comes back from that.

Comment

Working...
                      X