Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much did the Matthysse fight take out of Danny Garcia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr 117-111 View Post
    None. If you recall he struggled in fights before Khan. He just wins ugly.

He didn't win doe. Something was lost from both

Herrera, ok he has a very good jab, Salka? Whatever.

LaBum?

Did you not see how bad Danny looked?!

Comment

Maybe Matthysse just isn't that good. Garcia was getting beat up by Morales and struggled through stretches of the Judah fight. How quickly people forget.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
        He didn't win doe. Something was lost from both

Herrera, ok he has a very good jab, Salka? Whatever.

LaBum?

Did you not see how bad Danny looked?!
        There's your problem, you consider Lamont Peterson "LaBum." Lamont Peterson is a good fighter who has been competitive with and beaten other good fighters. Other than Matthysse, no one has looked great against him. Peterson can fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Willthethrill View Post
          If anything fighting Lucas would have boosted his confidence. He has been fighting guys who just stylistically give him probs. if anything, the Herrera fight took the most out of him
          Matthysse took something away physically, while Herrera took away his false sense of confidence. Salka and Petersons was supposed to be the confidence boosters, but Danny has declined.

I don't think he'll have anymore great performances from here on out; he's looking very beatable at WW.

Comment

danny is mentally shot. he knows he's a weak champion who would already have been beaten if not for gift decisions. he seems intent on moving up to 47 but that'll only exacerbate his problems. it's just a matter of time with him and deep down he seems to be aware of this. hopefully he can at least make some decent money for himself and his family before his card gets punched.

Comment

i think stylistically and the way these guys fought were the problem for Danny. Also don't forget Matthysse was winning the fight until Garcia poked him in the eye causing massive swelling

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                There's your problem, you consider Lamont Peterson "LaBum." Lamont Peterson is a good fighter who has been competitive with and beaten other good fighters. Other than Matthysse, no one has looked great against him. Peterson can fight.
                So what was Dannys problem?

Who has LaBum beat since being sent to Jupiter by Lucas? Do you blame styles?

And here is Danny "I'm a p4p fighter doe" no dude, you're not and you looked horrible.

Comment

Maybe Danny needs a new trainer, Angel made him a champion from scratch, congrats.

But if he consistently struggles with someone who can actually box then something needs to change.

He looked clueless like "uh derp my left hook is hitting the ropes what do I do?"

FFS

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    Maybe Danny needs a new trainer, Angel made him a champion from scratch, congrats.

But if he consistently struggles with someone who can actually box then something needs to change.

He looked clueless like "uh derp my left hook is hitting the ropes what do I do?"

FFS
                    Which trainer would you suggest he goes to? What improvement (offense or defense) do you have in mind?

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                      I don't think it had much of an effect.

Matthysse didn't do anywhere near enough to have taken something from Garcia. Some big shots here and there, but not career damaging.

He's simply fought a guy in Herrera that was better than him and boxed circles around him and a guy in Peterson who physically bullied him.
                      Ya I felt like what Peterson did to him was far worse. He had no regard for Danny's power and just teed off on him in the later rounds, the 11th in particular. We'll never know but I think if Lamont started that work earlier he had a chance to stop him. I don't think Lucas took anything out of him I just think certain fighters can expose his limitations. He looks great against stationary targets. He has three recent spectacular ko's(salka, khan, morales) and that has skewed people's perception of him. Go back and see how he does against theopane, morales 1, Judah late, hell even the lucas fight. He barely beat a guy with one eye.

Comment

Working...
                      X