Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Overeem's Manager: Reem has a reasonable explanation.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Harry Balls View Post
    ^

Bedroom Bully,

It would be hypocritical of me to say "let Overeem burn, he's a ****ing cheater!!" and not be fine with him fighting JDS as anyone with half a brain realized he WAS ALWAYS on the stuff. If i go in with a mindset that 95% of the heavyweights in this sport are juicing (and that is probably a fair assessment) i don't see how Overeem is gaining unfair advantages at all.
    Originally posted by BEDROOM BULLY View Post
    Nono I don't believe this at all is right..

Are you saying jds is in that 95%?

Roy Nelson? Cain? Etc

Sure others maybe on stuff but I haven't seen anyone go from average fighter to a complete destroyer while also obtaining a body which would make a greek god envious.
    Steroids won't transform most people into Greek Gods...Josh Barnett tested positive for steroids and he has kind of a pudgy looking body. It still come down to genetics even with steroids and results do vary greatly. I've known guys who become almost unrecognizable over night...and other who only become somewhat more bloated/bulky looking even after a fairly long period of usage.

I'd say 99% of all athletes use PED's at one time or another period...even the ones that point fingers like Mayweather. I'd say just make it legal...that would level the playing field. The drugs have been in use since the 30's.

Comment

Well I know for a fact, 100% that Georges Saint Pierre used roids.

How do I know? A friend of myn trained in the same gym as him in Montreal in Georges early days. The man has pictures in training gear with the guy back when Georges was till unknown, and honestly the guy has no reason to lie.

Well, back then Georges and couple of his gym buddies would take the **** in the locker room, and did not make a big secret of it.

I mean the man was a bouncer for petes sake...I know a lot of bouncers, and damn near every single one of them is on juice, even the fat ones are on teh juice...

Sorry guys but I believe that majority of athletes took juice at some point in their life...They might have stopped once they got big because of fears of getting caught...or simply because they had no need to anymore....but most guys juiced at some point.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        No offence Harry but I think a lot of the arguments you're making in this thread are just guesswork.

To say that those training as hard as Overeem must be on the same stuff is just wrong. You and I may not be able to do it, but there are guys out there who can, especially as not all training is going to be done at full intensity.

I also disagree with the 'peds always make you better' argument.

First of all is that there are different types and some are not going to be suited to the athlete's needs. Yeah, that's obvious, but I doubt every single pro fighter knows exactly what they should take. Secondly is that some of those who have been caught out in the past seemed to have no benefit from it. If anything, Shane Mosley was worse on steroids than he was without them. Vargas didn't show any noticeable benefits the time he got caught either. Jones Jr and Holyfield were helped by it, but I'm not saying it never helps, just that it doesn't always make a positive overall difference.

Also, steroids can make you gain mass and even if that's muscle mass it can do more harm than good. A 265lb JDS wouldn't perform as well imo.
        To be fair, that is sort of Mosely's own defense. It has some merit and I get what you're saying, but I feel like I should point out that he also jumped straight from 135 to 147 earlier in his career and then up to 154. I know that the Dela Hoya fight is the confirmed cheat fight and he did look sluggish (though he did win the fight by a close margin, so you never know). But his weight gain may also have been assisted by juicing (ala Jones).

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
          No offence Harry but I think a lot of the arguments you're making in this thread are just guesswork.
          Yeah obviously. No one could know for sure, I'm just stating what i find logical.

I also disagree with the 'peds always make you better' argument.
          Being able to train more and recover faster would always make you better. It's the ability for increased workload that is the main benefit.

First of all is that there are different types and some are not going to be suited to the athlete's needs
          Yes and not every steroid is for musclemass. It can be for recovery, for weightcutting, for stamina and everything inbetween. If you're a female gymnast you won't pump Deca Durabolin into your system obviously.

As for your "it didn't help Vargas" etc, well that's if you assume they've only been on it when they got caught. It's very reasonable to think Roy Jones has been using helpful stimulants for a very long time developing the speed and explosiveness he possessed. He was basically the perfect athlete and i don't think you can get to there "clean".
          I'm speculating of course.

Comment

Latest news

Keith Kizer: When Overeem found out about the random test he drove away

Hahahahaha. This is like a cartoon or something.

Overeem later returned when he was told his test would be auto-treated as failed if he didn't return.

Ufc says they told Overeem he could not leave. But he did.

Probably not guilty.

Comment

Working...
            X