Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Mayweather go back to "moving" against Pacquiao or does he "stay in the pocket"?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
    Does Mayweather go back to "moving" against Pacquiao or does he "stay in the pocket"?
    i see no signs that the fight is any closer to happening now. in fact, at this point it doesn't seem like it will ever happen.

so i don't see the point of debating what Floyd or Pac will do when when not even Floyd or Pac know exactly what they're going to do yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
      He can't revert, he ain't got no damn legs. He'd just be another in a long line of flat footed come forward brawlers who were ruined by Pacman. Getting turned every which way but back in damn time, eating straight left all day, oh the humanity
      <-- for that post.

:smh

Comment

I'm sure Floyd would rather fight in the pocket because Pacquiao's inside game is garbage.

Comment

everytime ORtiz Opened up Floyd went in reverse, Floyd will not stand in there with manny as much as he says he will, He will not and if he tries he gets hurt Mannys got quicker hands than anybody Floyd has faced and bigger power

Comment

if ever he gets around to fight pac, he'll fight 'moving'.......

.... backwards.

Comment

Pac just like Ortiz can't fight going backwards if Floyd wanted to walk Pac down for 12 rds he could but he's smarter than that I think he'll stay on the outside jab jab jab and catch Pac coming in with straight right leads and check hooks so yes he 's going to move and box the **** out of him

Comment

If he doesn't move, he will get hurt bad. I mean very bad. He simply wont be able to cope with the speed of Pacquiao. Not standing right in front of him like he did to Ortiz and Mosley at least.

So I think he will move around.

Comment

Floyd will beat Pac on the outside or the inside , and you watch Floyd be the stronger fighter , Pac has a punchers chance nothing more .

Comment

Granted Pac comes out of the Marquez fight looking like he has recently, I think he handles Floyd at this point. I would have never said that a couple of years ago, but you know what, I think there's a real reason Floyd fights more flat footed, the legs aren't quite where they used to be. I think people might be a little shocked by what Pac is able to accomplish in that fight.

Sure Floyd landed lead right hand leads at will on Ortiz, but honestly ask yourself this? Did you really expect him not to? I think if you study the fight in its entirety, I think you see Floyd was able to control the pace landed some good straight right hands but what I noticed was that he was extremely hesitant on doing anything after he landed that right hand. Dare I say either he is either too slow to do so anymore against someone with decent speed and power or a bit more concerned about getting caught by a lefty with power. My guess is the latter.

After that fight I believe that Floyd has no choice but to stand in the pocket and try to pick Pacquiao apart. To do that he has to throw in combinations, which I don't know if he will commit to doing. Just look at all the angles Pacquiao throws at somebody in a fight, its ridiculous. I think its his legs and hand speed that eventual overwhelm Floyd. He's in and out all day, nonstop movement, hard to beat a guy capable of doing that by backing up and throwing one punch all night. Although I do feel Floyd had the fight against Ortiz under control, it did seem to me at least that Ortiz's pressure was more of an issue than all the boxing pundits acknowledge. I think that has more to do with wanting to eventually see May-Pac than being totally honest in what they observed.
                    Last edited by slick23; 09-29-2011, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePrince View Post
                      He can't revert, he ain't got no damn legs. He'd just be another in a long line of flat footed come forward brawlers who were ruined by Pacman. Getting turned every which way but back in damn time, eating straight left all day, oh the humanity
                      Another example of getting all caught up in punches exchanging. I hope this fight happen just to see how some of y'all would react with the result.

Comment

Working...
                      X