Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eubank pulled out in the last second, you rather have GGG sitting out until December?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Well to be fair, they are forced to settle most of the time. They obviously wanted Canelo/Saunders/Eubank/Jacobs but you can't force guys to fight, even with mandatories, and after they realized they couldn't get any of these guys, they settled.

They obviously liked the UK deal Hearn had in place for Eubank, so they took it when they just switched the name to Brook. I think K2 fell in love with the contract/money/UK market and not the opponent. That's where K2 messed up.

Those fights would mean more for sure, since they are middleweights. Problem is no one knows who they are, so it's no different than Dominic Wade really. They wanted a big fight if not a significant fight, hearn offered them a pretty big name as far as the boxing world goes. Problem obviously is he's two weight classes lower!

It's not a good look for K2 and now the pressure is really on them to make a big/significant fight after Brook. Imagine after Brook they have to settle again for Heiland or Johnson. People will just say, "oh they are back to fighting bums again". They have to get Canelo/Saunders/Jacobs or 168 pounds next, that's the bottom line, anything less will look really bad. They put themselves in this position by accepting a welterweight as a challenge, so that's on them.
    Pretty sure they won't get big fight in December either. Saunders is going to fight Canelo at some point so I can't see either of them getting into the ring with ggg before then. Jacob still waiting for ggg to be a bigger star so that fight can generate ppv money. Maybe lee or eubank but I wouldn't consider those big fight.

I'm hoping the wba force Jacob next like they said they would if not I see him fighting like some random guy then fight zurdo early 2017 which is ok. Problem is if they do fight another random this forum will have 15 threads on the first page created by two people bashing ggg lol.

Comment

Originally posted by animelive View Post
      You would probably be the first one making up twenty threads about how crap his opponent is if he got any one else. Hell, people here were calling Eubank a bum. Seems like nothing will make you lot happier other than GGG moving up 15 pounds and getting his ass kicked. Not happening though, he is MW for good.
      and your the type to say "I BET YOU WILL MAKE A THREAD IF HE DID THIS"

lmfao stop writing shit off and face the fact, fuck your assumptions speak on him not fighting any other MW.

Comment

Brook is better than Eubank anyway! Just cos CEJ is bigger doesn't make him more formidable or a better opponent! That's like saying FMJ or Pac would have been lesser opponents for Martinez than Murray & Macklin LOL Thurman v Golovkin would be a better resume boost than Jacobs for Golovkin too IMO

Golovkin needs to get Saunders after Brook & then trundle off to 168 to give Ramirez a whooping..

Comment

Same offer was presented. The smaller guy accepted, the bigger guy rejected. End of story. What else is there to argue about?

Comment

Working...
          X