No announcement yet.

Whe did Canelo-Khan come from?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whe did Canelo-Khan come from?

I didn't hear a thing Bout it and I'm usually checking Twitter etc on the daily for boxing news...seems like it just came out of the blue....they must have been working on it a while and we know how Khan likes to talk..I can't believe he kept his trap shut long enough to not screw up the negotiations.

Good for Khan getting that cash out fight...honeslty the guy would probably fight GGG if he won, he seems to be one of the guys that actually wants to fight the best in the sport..

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
    I didn't hear a thing Bout it and I'm usually checking Twitter etc on the daily for boxing news...seems like it just came out of the blue....they must have been working on it a while and we know how Khan likes to talk..I can't believe he kept his trap shut long enough to not screw up the negotiations.

Good for Khan getting that cash out fight...honeslty the guy would probably fight GGG if he won, he seems to be one of the guys that actually wants to fight the best in the sport..
    Two months ago

https://www.instagram.com/p/_QDRpBwb1d/

Comment

Never mind twitter. Just read boxing scene top headlines like I always do. They are always right on top of any big boxing news and they are reliable. They won't tell you a fight is a done deal unless it really is a done deal. Boxrec is also fast about putting up a boxer's next fight and they are pretty reliable too. This fight is on boxrec and has been there a while. Barring a training injury this fight will happen.

Comment

I don't think Khan considers this a cash out fight. Most fans think Khan will lose by KO but Khan expects to win the fight. If he just wanted some cash to retire on he could make the same money fighting a couple of lesser fighters with very little risk of losing or getting knocked out.

Comment

I thought it was a pretty slick method for them to announce the fight the same way they do movies and video games. Little to no whispers about the fight prior, then bam, a great unexpected announcement video on all streams of social media.

Whether you are for or against this fight, their marketing this time around was kind of a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Khan has always thought he is much better than he actually is. Khan doesn't think his chin is weak. Khan thinks his chin is strong and he thinks he is a big puncher. Khan blames his KO defeats on fighting too light. He is always telling the world how he spars with much bigger fighters. He says he dominated the bigger fighters and took their best punches no problem and sometimes he knocked them down. Khan says he dominated Pacquiao in sparring and was never hurt by Pacquiao. He says he knocked Pacquiao down in sparring and beat him up to the point that Roach would not let them spar anymore. Khan is a very confident boxer who believes in himself and his fighting skills. He thinks he is the best pound for pound boxer in the world today. Khan isn't fighting Canelo to cash out. He expects to win this fight. If he beats Canelo then maybe he is as good as he keeps saying he is.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Khan has always thought he is much better than he actually is. Khan doesn't think his chin is weak. Khan thinks his chin is strong and he thinks he is a big puncher. Khan blames his KO defeats on fighting too light. He is always telling the world how he spars with much bigger fighters. He says he dominated the bigger fighters and took their best punches no problem and sometimes he knocked them down. Khan says he dominated Pacquiao in sparring and was never hurt by Pacquiao. He says he knocked Pacquiao down in sparring and beat him up to the point that Roach would not let them spar anymore. Khan is a very confident boxer who believes in himself and his fighting skills. He thinks he is the best pound for pound boxer in the world today. Khan isn't fighting Canelo to cash out. He expects to win this fight. If he beats Canelo then maybe he is as good as he keeps saying he is.

So in other words, he's delusional...

Comment

Originally posted by BG_Knocc_Out View Post
                I thought it was a pretty slick method for them to announce the fight the same way they do movies and video games. Little to no whispers about the fight prior, then bam, a great unexpected announcement video on all streams of social media.

Whether you are for or against this fight, their marketing this time around was kind of a breath of fresh air.
                You are right. This fight announcement took me totally by surprise. I really was expecting Khan to fight a tune up with another Collazo or Algieri type guy. Khan fighting the powerful Canelo at 155 was a fight I never dreamed of even for one second. If there was a rumor about this fight happening I would have thought it was just BS. There was no rumor about this fight. When I first read about the fight on boxing scene top headlines the fight was a done deal. I almost fell out of my chair. Khan is a true warrior with a real game fighter's heart. I thought he had become a cherry picker after his lose to Garcia but I was wrong. I expect him to get knocked out and I am rooting for Canelo as I always do. Khan's courageous move just made me a Khan fan and I will be rooting for him in his fights after this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
                  lol boxingego is cool but he tries a lil too hard to be funny.

Comment

So in other words, he's delusional...
                    I think he is very brave and delusional but if he wins maybe he really is that good. I can't imagine him lasting more than a few rounds but strange stuff sometimes happens in boxing.

Comment

Working...
                    X