Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Discuss your most memorable nights at the fights.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discuss your most memorable nights at the fights.

There was two for me. It was PAC vs Morales 2, going into that fight I picked PAC to win due to intangibles. It was my first time watching PAC live at a venue. The crowd was electric. My friends who attended the first fight said that the crowd for the rematch was even on both sides as far as crowd turnout.

The fight was awesome for two things, Morales got TKO'd for the first time in his career, revenge was sweet for the PACMAN and seeing Erica take those punches for all those rounds gave me newfound respect for him.

The second fight was the PAC-Hatton. It was such a party atmosphere. I thought the atmosphere was great for the NAZ-Barrera fight, but this one topped it. The Brit crowd was hootin' and hollerin' all throughout that weekend, except after the fight. You could hear a pin drop when we were all leaving the arena. The Brits entered the arena singing their Hatton chant and the PAC fans left the arena singing the London Bridge is falling down song. LOL

Originally posted by King of Sting View Post
    There was two for me. It was PAC vs Morales 2, going into that fight I picked PAC to win due to intangibles. It was my first time watching PAC live at a venue. The crowd was electric. My friends who attended the first fight said that the crowd for the rematch was even on both sides as far as crowd turnout.

The fight was awesome for two things, Morales got TKO'd for the first time in his career, revenge was sweet for the PACMAN and seeing Erica take those punches for all those rounds gave me newfound respect for him.

The second fight was the PAC-Hatton. It was such a party atmosphere. I thought the atmosphere was great for the NAZ-Barrera fight, but this one topped it. The Brit crowd was hootin' and hollerin' all throughout that weekend, except after the fight. You could hear a pin drop when we were all leaving the arena. The Brits entered the arena singing their Hatton chant and the PAC fans left the arena singing the London Bridge is falling down song. LOL

fights i wish i could go back n time and watch live

pac-barrera 1
    corrales-castillo
    chavez-taylor
    hagler-hearns

and of course

ali-frazier

any of the gatti ward fights

Comment

The Mayweather vs Maidana fight. My first live fight. From the weigh in to fight night to seeing all of my favorite boxers past and present walking thru the MGM Grand was amazing. Argentina was representing all weekend!! And Mayweather gets a lot more support than this site gives him credit for. I was shocked that Amir Khan got a lot of love during the weigh in and fight night. Broner was obviously booed a lot..Lol. Wilder and Stiverne had words and had to be separated. Wilder is a cool dude, I spoke to him for about 10 minutes. Keith Thurman was pretty cool as well.

Comment

My uncle almost throwing a beer through his tv at the end of Golota Bowe I. Thank God he was loaded and his aim sucked, for his sake.

Comment

I attended the Margarito vs Pacquiao fight. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders sang the National anthem. There were a lot of different colored lights flashing everywhere over a blue haze as the main lights dimmed. It was a cool socializing party like atmosphere. There was a lot of Raza there so Margarito had a lot of support. That support turned into genuine fear of Antonio getting seriously hurt as the fight neared the end. With shouts "throw in the towel" or "stop the fight", women covering their faces..etc. It was like Rocky 3 in there. It was hard to watch the fight live though with that humongous Big screen staring you in the face.

Comment

Originally posted by FistoftheDallasStar View Post
            I attended the Margarito vs Pacquiao fight. Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders sang the National anthem. There were a lot of different colored lights flashing everywhere over a blue haze as the main lights dimmed. It was a cool socializing party like atmosphere. There was a lot of Raza there so Margarito had a lot of support. That support turned into genuine fear of Antonio getting seriously hurt as the fight neared the end. With shouts "throw in the towel" or "stop the fight", women covering their faces..etc. It was like Rocky 3 in there. It was hard to watch the fight live though with that humongous Big screen staring you in the face.
            I can relate to that. During the PAC - Morales rematch I was thinking the same thing by the 7th round. People thought it was competitive for the first 5 rounds, but, PAC's punches were like super fast sledgehammers, and you knew that it was just a matter of time.

Comment

Working...
            X