No announcement yet.

HBO should do a super 6 tournament with the fighters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
    It would be a repeat of the Showtime one with Andre Ward sweeping it.
    Ward is too injury prone to compete in another tournament. And this tournament is mostly full of heavy punchers, it'd ruin some careers. Not good.

Comment

on one side they should have golovking, kovalev, and stevenson and on the other side ward, jack reiss, and oakland.

Comment

Originally posted by Foreign Soil View Post
        Ward is too injury prone to compete in another tournament. And this tournament is mostly full of heavy punchers, it'd ruin some careers. Not good.
        It took them almost 2 years to do the last one he would be ok; he was considered the least powerful puncher in the last one also.

Comment

I really like the idea I just dont know how itd work. Itd be bad for GGG to move up 2 weight classes I dont know if hed keep his power. Maybe if he slowly grew into the frame.

Take out Stevenson and Kovalev and add Bika and Dirrell for a 168 tournament and thats gold!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

For the love of God could we at least make Ward leave California for a fight or two in this tournament ...please please !!!

Comment

Originally posted by MAXIMUS~RICO~13 View Post
              For the love of God could we at least make Ward leave California for a fight or two in this tournament ...please please !!!
              Why? It's not like he draws anywhere else. If anything I don't know why he fought Rodriguez in Los Angeles, all his fans are up in the Bay Area.

Comment

Brutal Super 6. No way their bodies come through it.

Comment

I used to like the idea of tournaments, but I was utterly disappointed in Showtime's event. I just can't see any tourney starting and finishing with the same fighters.

Comment

Too many weight divisions.

Ward
                    Froch
                    Chavez
                    GGG

Just those 4 would be plenty

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                      ward would be the favorite, but i dont think he gets by so easily in this bracket,, he would win some fights, but i could see him catching at least one L
                      Your talking about a dude who hasnt lost since he was 8 or 9 catching a loss

Comment

Working...
                      X