No announcement yet.

Switch Hitter Stance????

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switch Hitter Stance????

I was just watching some boxing fights since I am still a relatively new fan to boxing.

In doing so I came upon a fighter name junior witter where he had an awkward style. So I checked him out on wiki and on the stance part it said Switch-Hitter.

I had heard southpaw and orthodox and I myself when I box am a orthodox. But how does this switch-hitter work what are the patterns behind it and what makes it effective and what kind boxer should use it ( size wise or if the guys got a good jab in that aspect)

it means he switched from southpaw to orthadox alot

Comment

Well I guess there could be a time and a place for it. However, Witter wouldn't be the best example of a talented boxer who can fight in either stand. Perhaps Hagler would be a better example.

Also, Witter is a generally percieved as very boring. He has also lost against all the half-decent opponents he has faced. (Kotelnik, Judah (albeit he was green), Bradely and Peterson).

Comment

cotto also use to do it alot..it is effective but it is also easy to get caught off balance if you're fighting an experianced fighter who can time your switches

Comment

Andre Ward is a good present day example.

Comment

Originally posted by larry x View Post
            cotto also use to do it alot..it is effective but it is also easy to get caught off balance if you're fighting an experianced fighter who can time your switches

Thats a good point I find when I am moving back I am somewhat vulnerable in terms of not having my footing on the floor

Comment

I cant remmeber but I think Morales used to do it

Comment

Prob Prince Naz, can't remember.

Comment

Working...
                X