Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dark Souls II

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All the Souls' games give me a semi and Dark Souls 2 is no different, 10 / 10 game imo, so far I'm not finding it close to as difficult as the first but it's still ridiculous, not sure which I like more so far, Dks2 has a hella lot more bosses which is definitely a plus, although I'd say I'm 75% (Jus beat Demon of Song) through the game or so and I haven't found a fight quite like Ornstein n Smough or Four Kings yet, them pricks had me developing tourettes.

If you kill the enemies in an area 12x they stop re spawning, on the whole I'm not too sure what I think about this change as it seemed to take something out the game but it's definitely needed in some areas. (Love spawning at Sinners Rise to have my health instantly took too half because of them archers).

What consoles you all playing on ?.
    Last edited by NChristo; 03-21-2014, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
      All the Souls' games give me a semi and Dark Souls 2 is no different, 10 / 10 game imo, so far I'm not finding it close to as difficult as the first but it's still ridiculous, not sure which I like more so far, Dks2 has a hella lot more bosses which is definitely a plus, although I'd say I'm 75% (Jus beat Demon of Song) through the game or so and I haven't found a fight quite like Ornstein n Smough or Four Kings yet, them pricks had me developing tourettes.

If you kill the enemies in an area 12x they stop re spawning, on the whole I'm not too sure what I think about this change as it seemed to take something out the game but it's definitely needed in some areas. (Love spawning at Sinners Rise to have my health instantly took too half because of them archers).

Man, it's funny how the game varies from person to person. The Pursuer and gargoyle bosses were hell for me, but I had a fairly easy time getting past O&S and the Four Kings in DS.

Yeah, I noticed that spawn change.. It's a give and take for me. Easy in the sense that you can chop away at the number of enemies in the harder areas, but harder in the sense that you can't grind when you want a stat boost before going in on a boss.. Also means we can't keep killing enemies for item drops.

Really enjoying the game, can't decide between DS and DSII so far.. Need to get some more time in on DSII.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post

PS3

The Gargoyles in DS2 were as hard as anything I ever fought in the original. My glob I hated that fight, yet loved it at the same time.

DS2 got a lot easier after the first few hours, but it's getting hard again. I'm stuck at a ****ing boss who's easy until his sword turns to fire. I can't avoid him and I can't block it. So mad.

I like that you can defeat enemies enough to stop them respawning. I'm still getting more than enough souls to level up and buy everything I need, so whatever issue there might be with grinding doesn't really seem to apply. I can't see any downside besides not being able to grind infinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by CounterPunching View Post
          Man, it's funny how the game varies from person to person. The Pursuer and gargoyle bosses were hell for me, but I had a fairly easy time getting past O&S and the Four Kings in DS.

Yeah, I noticed that spawn change.. It's a give and take for me. Easy in the sense that you can chop away at the number of enemies in the harder areas, but harder in the sense that you can't grind when you want a stat boost before going in on a boss.. Also means we can't keep killing enemies for item drops.

Really enjoying the game, can't decide between DS and DSII so far.. Need to get some more time in on DSII.
          Four Kings always destroy me, but I've never had half the trouble people seem to with O&S. I guess because I always have ranged characters, and it's easy to take out Smough first and hide behind pillars while range killing big Ornstein.

The first game is still clearly better for me, but DS2 holds its own. I'm very happy with it.

Comment

Working...
          X