Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Martinez Still Target Floyd Mayweather Jr. Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now to be fair to Mayweather, Pac surely didn't want any issues with Martinez, he wanted to fight SLOW BLOATED ass Margarito that is just as big as Martinez.

He knew Martinez would have Ko'd him much of the same way Martinez did, only in the first 2 rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
      no but Canelo has been given the 2nd spot on floyds fights and GBP has done a good job marketing and building this fight.

Your problem IMO is your tendancy to take everything to the extreme to argue it. So its not about defending anything floyd does. I'm questioning what you are posting, not defending floyd. The fight isn't as great as some floyd fans make it and isn't as bad as you make it.
      So ginger hasn't headlined a thing. However you still act like Floyd/Martinez cannot possibly approach Floyd/ginger numbers even though Martinez has headlined his own major ppv?? Then talk about extremes??

Floyd/ginger is a horrible fight in every way outside of financially. Floyd/Martinez is a better fight in every way considering the fight would sell & offer compatible numbers.

If I took everything to the extreme, I be 1 of those criticizing Floyd/Ghost. But in fact I'm not because that fight is a good fight. Like I said you defend everything Floyd does, just like Pacman fans do. And because I don't agree with everything Floyd does you take things to the extreme, not me. bro.

You admitted Floyd/Martinez is the better fight. So why are you sitting here arguing because I don't like Floyd ginger?? Then act like i take things to the extreme, which is simply untrue. If you noticed, Larry stopped arguing because he knows that i've never discredited Floyd's last 3 fights, I am in favor of the Ghost fact & in fact the only fights within the past few yyears that bothered me was Floyd/Marquez & Floyd/ginger. That's not extreme, that's realistic.

Comment

• Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
        i think he would beat martinez, but i dont think he will take the challenge.

he doesnt have to fight outside 147, he can always rertire. he has already proved himself. id rather he do that than fight lesser oppoents just for the money. i actually think guerrero would cause floyd problems, but martinez would cause him more problems.
        So you are telling me what you want floyd to do. Ok cool. But if "challenge taking" is what you want, then you must want a sergio/ggg or sergio/ward fight before you would a sergio/martinez fight since you think floyd beats him?

Comment

Thats been happening since I started watching boxing so why would I complain now? what do you think SRL/Duran 1 was? fighting the best or taking the most lucrative fight? see, you just didn't have as much access to information then.

As for floyd/manny, if you still blame just floyd than there is no way we can have a reasonable discussion.
          right well this is where me and you are different. if you claim you are the best, fight the best. floyd has already beaten most of the top fighters out there, so either retire now or actually enhance your legacy.

im not talking about floyd/manny. you know my opinion on that.

Comment

So you are telling me what you want floyd to do. Ok cool. But if "challenge taking" is what you want, then you must want a sergio/ggg or sergio/ward fight before you would a sergio/martinez fight since you think floyd beats him?
            no, i want to see floyd go and fight martinez. simple as that. whats the big deal?

Comment

look floyd fans, all im saying is there is only 1 fight out there for floyd that does anything for his legacy.

am i wrong?
              Floyd's legacy isn't in doubt. SHould he beat the MW champ at 160 that will enhance his legend as he will have done sometghing that only a few select ww have done, fight and defeat the current MW champ.

Comment

Floyd's legacy isn't in doubt. SHould he beat the MW champ at 160 that will enhance his legend as he will have done sometghing that only a few select ww have done, fight and defeat the current MW champ.
                exactly, so why not actually go and do it?

10x better than a guerrero fight or canelo fight, would you not agree?

Comment

right well this is where me and you are different. if you claim you are the best, fight the best. floyd has already beaten most of the top fighters out there, so either retire now or actually enhance your legacy.

im not talking about floyd/manny. you know my opinion on that.
                  So floyd can't fight the best at his current weight because he will be too much of a favorite, so he presumably has to fight Sergio or Ward because they are the best fighters other than floyd.

Comment

• In the end, only 1 fight can give Floyd a legacy win.

And that's to take on the Middleweight champ, not a Jr Middleweight, the Middleweight king.

Comment

• Originally posted by MR. LARRYX View Post
                      1st you complained that he would not fight ww's..he did that and yet you are still complaining...why????you were one of the posters claiming he was scared of Mosley
                      IF Jr had not ducked prime elite WWs over the last 8 years , IF jr had taken on all comers , searched them out and whopped em real good,,,

Then

Yall floyd boys wouldn't be fighten amongst yer selves LMAO

Yall are a very small minority

The boxing world knows JR is not about the challenge , he is about the money, its a circus act

We have just witnessed JR ducking and dodging , fighting OLD BEAT UP ELITES,,,,Cotto and OLD MOSES, cheap shot a young up and comer that QUIT, Run from a little man round after round Hatton, and whup a wee little mang from Mexico that didn't have MEMO but drank PISS

and

Yall are esteeming JR like a god

Who is left ?

The greatest of all time would have already fought and whupped :

Sergio the Great
                      Cotto after the Hatton fight when he was supreme in speed 2007
                      Mosley 8 years ago when he was in his prime after the first ODH fight
                      Williams after he took the belt from Margo
                      Margo when he in his prime walked up to JR and challenged Jr to a fight and did you see the look on JR's face of FEAR !
                      and Pac when after or before he fought Cotto

There is a Pattern of JR here

Now Proceed

Comment

Working...
                      X