Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

None of Britain's best sportsmen come from England!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Monk View Post
    Do you think if he had won the US open he would have won sports personality? I would like to think so, but I think t.he media and public just don't like him whereas they are all over Hamilton's nuts.

To be honest Hoff, I'm a formula one hater, it bores the **** out of me. I've always liked my tennis and just think Murray has had such an amazing year. Did you see his match today? Apart from the second set he was sensational.
    I'd like to think he would have won sports personality if he won the U.S open. I also think the media are warming to him more now. When he first broke through he was a surly, moody **** and didn't like doing interviews or dealing with the media. He seems to have matured a lot since then, both on the court and off and he seems to handling things much better.

I didn't see the game today, but I've been following him as much as I can and IMO he's just gonna get better and better. He's got the talent and a winners mentality and I can see him being world no.1 and winning a few slams in the future.

Originally posted by paul750 View Post
    Some say it's the British disease of putting too much pressure on their sports stars, and that some just can't live up to it. Others say that he may have just peaked at an incredibly early age.

I'd say his attitude did play a big part in it though: he refused to go and train in America because he might get homesick apparently. That says it all really.
    Not only did he refuse to go and train in America but he hangs around with the wrong people and gets done for smoking weed due to passive smoking at a party. Plus every time you see him being interviewed after yet another disappointing performance he seems satisfied with himself and makes excuses. He's just got the wrong attitude completely. He should be ****ing fuming and looking for any way to improve. The guy ran sub ten seconds years ago but since then hasn't looked like running anywhere near that. He comes to races looking fat and out of shape then says he's happy with how he's performing and will improve. Fuck that! He's a ****.

I don't think it has anything to do with the pressure put on him at a young age. It is simply to do with his attitude.

Comment

England has a lot to be proud of, an english limey northern monkey just won the world title in this from a Kiwi.
      http://www.flurl.com/item/Eng_Sheep_u_282625

Comment

Originally posted by TheHoff'sGhost View Post
        have you noticed that the Welsh teenagers haven't been killing themselves as much lately?
        Actually there was a suicide the other day. It's still going on it's just that the media got bored and decided they'd rather forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by ЯiZO View Post
          Me too.

I bet you are a *** just like Lewis have something to suck.

Any how Lennox Lewis and Ricky Hatton are both English
          and Calzaghe was born in England.

Comment

Titus Bramble is english

Comment

Originally posted by Pride Of Arkans View Post
              I bet you are a *** just like Lewis have something to suck.

Any how Lennox Lewis and Ricky Hatton are both English
              and Calzaghe was born in England.
              And Adolf Hitler was born in Austria. Don't like Calzaghe, he's Welsh and dislikes the english. Being born there means nothing to him as he says in his book.

Comment

Hamilton is Jamaican, you got cricketers from S Africa and India including your last few captains and you;re best footballers are either Jamaican too or irish scousers. England is a ****ing joke! At least Deschamps was the one who lifted the World Cup, YNWA!

Comment

Working...
                X