No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Says Business as Usual, Denies GBP Extension

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Obama2.0 View Post
    I agree but Richard is smart. Maybe just maybe he's using leverage golden boy is ****ed without him. So he's not going anywhere their business model works even if him and Oscar hate each other. Richard knows the inner workings. He's the only one that's privy to all the info in these negotiations. He knows both Manny and Floyd need the fight and want the fight not for legacy but for money. Floyd wont do business with tr but he'll deal with golden boy. You steal Manny from arum make the fight happen you get two slice of the pie from the biggest fight ever. All you have to do is stand your ground. On top of all his inside knowledge it's a slam dunk for him. You have to see three steps ahead.
    ^^^^^^^^^^

Great Post, All your comments today have been on point

Comment

Originally posted by Obama2.0 View Post
      You don't think for one minute that Richard know both absolutely all parties involved wanna make this fight? Every one wants this fight made. Showtime hbo arum Floyd manny the MGM sponsors. Manny is loyal but push come to shove manny is gonna have to find his way to get that pay day. Even if Tr signs manny in a back room deal with extension with a 20-30 million buyout to arum this fight gets made. Somehow someway and in a way Richard holds all the cards. Signed manny before can do it again, in good with Floyd and haymon andEspinoza use to work for him. Richard had dreams of making x amount of dollars off this fight. Now that the value has diminished some he's just angling for a bigger piece of the pie. He and haymon got that Floyd that kushy contract so he's cool and he has to fight x amount of times. Getting manny away from Bob is the last loose end in Richards master plan. From my point of view of how I would be playing if I was Schafer
      You have no idea what you are talking about yet you pass it off as some sort of fact. Manny has had ample chances to leave Arum and take this fight over the last 6-7 years. He hasn't because he is loyal, because he has been low balled and because he won't be told who or who not his team is.

Comment

Originally posted by DC Fight Fan View Post
        You have no idea what you are talking about yet you pass it off as some sort of fact. Manny has had ample chances to leave Arum and take this fight over the last 6-7 years. He hasn't because he is loyal, because he has been low balled and because he won't be told who or who not his team is.
        Never have I said anything was fact. I'm gonna tell you this. I deal with rich ppl on a daily basis. They are loyal to one thing my friend and that's the almighty dollar. I don't give a red cent about what you believe. Manny will fight Floyd if he wants to or not. With arum or not. He's at the end of career and he needs that money and he will take it. You can't eat praise or worship my friend. Mark my words manny will wait it out a year or so if not. He will set up another limo double cross but this time it will be begging Richard or al haymon to buy him to get the fight made. No one throws away a winning lotto ticket and as long as mayweather stays undefeated he's a winning lotto ticket. If he doesn't fight mayweather he will be a side show in large Asian and middle eastern markets fighting well past his prime.

Comment

"I have no interest in working with Arum" -Schaefer

Ouch, there goes all the Floyd fans who constantly say it's the other way around...

So now maybe you'll start saying Golden Boy fighters need to leave their promoter, not the other way around. Doubt it

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post

Ouch, there goes all the Floyd fans who constantly say it's the other way around...

So now maybe you'll start saying Golden Boy fighters need to leave their promoter, not the other way around. Doubt it
            Oscar is the only one at Golden Boy who wants to feed Floyd to Manny.

Haymon won't give no more dick to Schaefer if Oscar has his way.

Comment

why do i have to love the sport of boxing, with morons like richard schaefer running it. they get paid because the fans want to see fights, yet they block 50 % of the matchups the fans want to see.

what kind of smug c/nt makes a living off of boxing fans, and then f/cks us right up the arse in return.

this childish b/tchery has gone on long enough, either they need to make up, or one of them needs to die really soon. that's kind of messed up to say, but f/ck them, they have ruined the sport long enough.

Comment

So now we know why these fights have not happened.

What is De La Hoya waiting for? Fire this guy!

Comment

from the sounds of it, their beef seems to escalate by the day. the way schaefer said it, he makes it look like dela hoya is some crack head who babbles trash.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Deltoro_10 View Post
                    This for sure for sure confirms that there's a rift between Oscar and Richard. Oscar is trying to work with arum Richard is not having it, so he and Haymon will start there own company. Dark days lie ahead for us fans
                    With out ricb gbp would not be the #1 promotional company in boxing. Oscar is to emotional and is into bashing his own fighters via ring magazine. Rich got plenty of men to join gbp. Rich built gbp and oscar and everyone else knows it. Rich floyd and haymon will start a new company. Haymon already has most of the boxers any way. Gbp will crumble with out rich. Floyd said that years ago. While oscar was cross dressing and snorting coke, rich was building gbp. You have to respecthis drive and vision. He built gbp.

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post

Arum has said in but even more his deeds prove it. No one has done in house fights on arums level. His myopic views have hurt not only boxing but top rank as well. He used to be the top promoter but richard has out maneuvered arum at every turn. Arum refused to allow pac to fight anyone outside of top rank for 5 years. His greed has hurt pacs brand. Pac has been royally screwed by arum. I really hope he leavesarum and makes some money before he retire. It would be really sad to see pac trying to keep fighting and earning arum money insted of for him and his family. He has been asking for advances because arum has robbed him to the point he is living fight to fight. Even if you dont like pac you have to admit thats just wrong and you would hope he see the light and leaves arum.

Comment

Working...
                      X