Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The last fighter you would have clearly favoured to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last fighter you would have clearly favoured to beat Floyd Mayweather Jr.

How far back do you have to go to find a fighter who you'd pick to beat a prime Floyd Mayweather at 147? I don't mean just have a chance, or be in the conversation, but rather somebody you'd actually expect to win. I suspect that, like myself, most of you guys don't give Pacquiao a huge chance, or even Martinez for that matter, so how far back do we have to go? Vernon Forrest? Trinidad? Whitaker? Leonard? Duran? Hearns?

Emile Griffith? Robinson? Armstrong?

Kid Gavilan? lol.

Seriously though, who can you put your finger on and say, yeah, that guy had the ability and style to give Mayweather fits.

Mayweather isn't prime at 147.

Comment

Id pick winky but thats not 147.

DLH would be good at 147 but not favor.

Whitiaker would be good too but I dont think I can honestly say favor.

We are going all the way back to SRL and Hearns to favor to beat him at 147.

Id favor Floyd over duran though at 147.

Comment

terry norris

not @ 147 though...

Comment

Right Lucas Matthysse at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by Miburo View Post
            Mayweather isn't prime at 147.
            Ok, I knew I was going to be pulled up on that the second I reread my post. What I meant was "...against the best 147 version of Mayweather we've seen".

Comment

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
              Right Lucas Matthysse at 147.
              The same Lucas Matthysse who lost to Devon Alexander at 140?

Comment

Felix Trinidad.

Comment

Whilst I think the likes of Whitaker or prime Mosley at welterweight might have been able to beat Mayweather, they are not fights I'd bet on.

The last fighter I might actually bet on to beat Mayweather at welterweight would be prime Thomas Hearns over 12 rounds. Basically the guy who fought the first 12 rounds and was ahead against Ray Leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by TouchyAndalou View Post
                    Ok, I knew I was going to be pulled up on that the second I reread my post. What I meant was "...against the best 147 version of Mayweather we've seen".
                    Then I would clearly favor Hearns and SRL over him for certain. As for others since then, there are a lot you could slightly favor, but I don't know about clear, decisive wins.

Comment

Working...
                    X