Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Golovkin Consider Fighting David Lemieux Next?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Golovkin Consider Fighting David Lemieux Next?

I think it's fair to say there is little chance that Golovkin's next opponent will be Canelo or Cotto. Soliman is being mentioned, but does the 40 year old offer much other than a belt? He has achieved everthing he ever will. It's hard to see Soliman's name adding much to Golovkin's record.

If Soliman was a step toward unification then I could understand, but in order for Golovkin to unify Quillin and Cotto would have to be willing to fight him and I don't see that happening.

Middleweight is an aging division, and Lemieux, 25, could very well be the top dog there in years to come. He has lots of natural talent and age will bring greater maturity. I think his future looks promising.

The other thing is, how many people will really look forward to Golovkin vs Soliman. It will be more of the same, and the audience will probably be smaller than it was for Saturday's fight. By contrast, Golovkin vs Lemieux would be keenly anticipated.

What do you think?

No.... for Lemieux's own safety.

Good for him that he's coming off that loss to Rubio and that embarrassment vs Alcine...but he should try to rematch either of them first.

Comment

Chances are both get blasted out inside 2-3 rounds, maybe 1 so why not Lemieux? At least he comes to fight and would go down swinging.
      He has big power as well so that would always be interesting & we're yet to see GGG against a true pressure fighter.

I'd much rather this than Soliman

Comment

In fact GGG should fight them both, one after the other. The whole top 10 in fact, he might just get in 8 rounds of work.

Comment

If he can't land a major fight, then Lemieux would be a fun scrap.. I would rather see ggg fight Solimon and take another belt..

I have a feeling over the next year that we won't see ggg vs cotto,canelo, froch, ward but will see him fight Rubio, lee, Lemieux, Solimon

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Chances are both get blasted out inside 2-3 rounds, maybe 1 so why not Lemieux? At least he comes to fight and would go down swinging.
            He has big power as well so that would always be interesting & we're yet to see GGG against a true pressure fighter.

Would you give him props, or would you just rip Lemeuix afterwards.... sounds like you would give props

Comment

He' don't have a belt right now, GGG job is to add another belt

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
                Would you give him props, or would you just rip Lemeuix afterwards.... sounds like you would give props
                Nope, I think he wins inside 3. Its just a better preference to Soliman.

If he gets hit by Lemieux and takes it well, I'll most certainly praise his punch resistance. IMHO Lemieux is more heavier handed than Stevens by a good distance.
                Sadly for Lemieux he hasn't really got anything outside of power & bull like strength.

Comment

Nope, I think he wins inside 3. Its just a better preference to Soliman.

If he gets hit by Lemieux and takes it well, I'll most certainly praise his punch resistance. IMHO Lemieux is more heavier handed than Stevens by a good distance.
                  Sadly for Lemieux he hasn't really got anything outside of power & bull like strength.
                  Lemeuix is going to get blasted while he comes in winging and this will end within three.

Why not grab the belt instead of prolonging it?

Comment

There is not a hope in hell that Michel will let Lemieux anywhere near GGG.

They are positioning Lemieux for a shot at Kid Chocolate. The writing is on the wall.

Comment

Working...
                    X