Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

No One Can Strip Cotto of The Lineal MW Championship Of The World.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No One Can Strip Cotto of The Lineal MW Championship Of The World.

They can take his WBC belt but he will still be the champion of the division just like Martinez was when they took away his WBC belt. He is still the men that beat the men and the only way he loses that is in the ring or by retiring.

Originally posted by DoubleStandar View Post
    They can take his WBC belt but he will still be the champion of the division just like Martinez was when they took away his WBC belt. He is still the men that beat the men and the only way he loses that is in the ring or by retiring.
    That is true but no matter what whoever is dominating and winning the titles in that division is the only person that will matter and be called the middleweight champion. I'm cotto fan but cmon son.

Comment

Yeah we know. However if he moves back down to 154 and stays there most agree he would no longer be lineal champ. Of course it gets tricky in this situation since the lineage is an imaginary title, and some will argue he will always be the true lineal MW champ even if he never fights at 160 again.

Regardless, WE ALL AGREE there is no honor in hiding from the best and holding the title hostage.

Comment

I'm tempted to give red k

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          ^^^^^^This

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
            You enjoy giving red k's don't you? Your worse than the block snitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
              You enjoy giving red k's don't you? Your worse than the block snitch.

You're *

Comment

I think that all Cotto fan's me included would agree that if he is stripped of his WBC title for not fighting GGG, he would be relinquishing all other accolades at MW. But he will always be the first PR fighter to win titles in four weight divisions.

Comment

Of course the pressure is on for Cotto to fight GGG now being the lineal middleweight champ but he hasn't fought once after dethroning Sergio. Sure what we know now is Sergio was shot to ****, but it was a real risk and career ender for Cotto taking that fight. I mean it's his choice, I think coming back and taking on GGG sooner then later would bode well for the ageing Puerto Rican, but I would think knowing "Cotto the diva" with him wanting to milk this **** for all its worth will take at least one "tune up" and a Canelo fight before facing GGG. Sure it's the fight every wants but realistically it won't happen before Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Fantasiabruja View Post
                    I think that all Cotto fan's me included would agree that if he is stripped of his WBC title for not fighting GGG, he would be relinquishing all other accolades at MW. But he will always be the first PR fighter to win titles in four weight divisions.
                    I'm with ya here. Cotto is the man because he beat the man, but it's complicated because the man he beat (Martinez) was in no hurry to fight GGG and neither is Cotto.

So how long do you keep from calling a guy "the man" because the lineal champ doesn't want it?

To me, Cotto did an incredible thing in beating Martinez but that's done and over with. If he wants to reign at 160, he has to step up and face GGG.

Comment

Working...
                    X