Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look how much someone sold a game for on ebay!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Look how much someone sold a game for on ebay!!

a few days ago I saw a factory sealed copy of chrono Trigger for the Super Nintendo sell for $2500 US!!! crazy check it out

sign into ebay. type in chrono trigger. then click completed listing, then filter it by what sold for the most
    Last edited by robjr; 03-06-2009, 11:11 PM.

Factory Sealed Classic RPGs from the 8-bit or 16-bit era=MONEY in your pocket. Classic titles from the NES era can also sell big, big time.

Chrono Trigger
    Final Fantasy 6
    Mega Man series (1-6)

I remember when I spotted an NES cartridge of Final Fantasy 1 at Gamespot, it was used for $35. Can you imagine what that would be worth if it were still in its original box? Why would I want to play an old RPG on a system that's barely used anymore...?

Some people absolutely live for this and make it their living to collecting these expensive titles, but hey...if that's what they like...

$2500 for that game is effin' ridiculous if you ask me, though. Who the hell kept Chrono Trigger factory sealed for all these years? Jeez...

Comment

Anybody can explain me the reason you would buy a 2500$ sealed game if a game is meant to be opened and played??

Comment

i got some hotwheels from about 10 years ago unopened. i just want to see if in about 30 years they are worth more than what i paid for

Comment

Originally posted by ThePen2 View Post
          Factory Sealed Classic RPGs from the 8-bit or 16-bit era=MONEY in your pocket. Classic titles from the NES era can also sell big, big time.

Chrono Trigger
          Final Fantasy 6
          Mega Man series (1-6)

I remember when I spotted an NES cartridge of Final Fantasy 1 at Gamespot, it was used for $35. Can you imagine what that would be worth if it were still in its original box? Why would I want to play an old RPG on a system that's barely used anymore...?

Some people absolutely live for this and make it their living to collecting these expensive titles, but hey...if that's what they like...

$2500 for that game is effin' ridiculous if you ask me, though. Who the hell kept Chrono Trigger factory sealed for all these years? Jeez...
          yea it really makes me wonder which games we should be buying a mass amount of and keeping them in there factory seal so we can make thousands 15 yrs down the road haha..

Comment

Originally posted by sebspeed View Post
            Anybody can explain me the reason you would buy a 2500$ sealed game if a game is meant to be opened and played??
            collectors item......

Comment

The reason people pay top dollar for old school games in mint condition is because they are collector's items. It's a hobby that some people have a passion for, there's nothing strange about it. Some people collect stamps, others collect coins, some collect classic cars or watches, and some collect mint condition video games.

I have a copy of Chrono Trigger for the SNES in my collection, but it's the cartridge only. And it's only worth about a hundred bucks.

I have some other collectible games on other consoles as well, mostly SNES though. And none are mint.

Old school games > New school games.

Comment

Originally posted by the_bringer View Post
                the reason people pay top dollar for old school games in mint condition is because they are collector's items. It's a hobby that some people have a passion for, there's nothing strange about it. Some people collect stamps, others collect coins, some collect classic cars or watches, and some collect mint condition video games.

I have a copy of chrono trigger for the snes in my collection, but it's the cartridge only. And it's only worth about a hundred bucks.

I have some other collectible games on other consoles as well, mostly snes though. And none are mint.

Old school games > new school games.
                truth.......

Comment

...my girlfriend and my brother both love the BattleToads/Double Dragon team-up game on the SNES.

I personally hate that game to death. It's ridiculously unfair. There's no invincibility frames when you get hurt and you can't fight bosses in a balanced manner. Some bosses...once they get you down, you are in FOR A WORLD OF HURT. The game basically forces you to dash, attack, run away...dash, attack, run away...lather, rinse, repeat...

Damn battletoads...

Comment

damn thats crazy!!!
                    my bro had that game

Comment

Working...
                    X