No announcement yet.

Calzaghe: "Dawson is the LHW version of Pavlik. He hasn’t proved himself!"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
    Tarver is way past prime. He looked bad against Elvir Muriqi last year, in fact he received a gift decision in that one. And Clinton Woods was awful in his fight with Tarver, anyone could have beaten him that night.
    Wow. I have seen that fight and if that was a gift then Roy got robbed the other night. Wow, that fight was not even close. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
      does it matter? does it matter that all the American organisations scored it to their own fighter? does it matter that Cortez allowed Hopkin to hold on head butt fake low blows etc?

No, because Calzaghe outgunned him. Bernard hid like a ***** and wouldn't come out to play because he was getting pinged all over. He looked like an old man that night because he was made to look like an old man. Would've been better off fighting Cortez, two old bald blokes slugging it out. Calzaghe on another planet to these douches
      Old man that hurt Calzaghe and had him down and has a strong case he won the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
        Wow. I have seen that fight and if that was a gift then Roy got robbed the other night. Wow, that fight was not even close. Unbelievable.
        are you sure you don't have a bias against european fighters? haha

Comment

He's talkin bout Dawsons beating an old guy like Tarver? How about him beating an old Hopkins and an old Roy Jones who just came out of retirement who beat an old out of shape Trinidad? Calzaghe is one of my favorite boxer cuz of his stye but he hasn't proved **** either.

Comment

Originally posted by Tunney View Post
            Tarver is way past prime. He looked bad against Elvir Muriqi last year, in fact he received a gift decision in that one. And Clinton Woods was awful in his fight with Tarver, anyone could have beaten him that night.
            Yeah I saw an interview with clinton a few weeks after the fight and he admited he was terrible and made tarver look brilliant. Woods did nothing in that fight apart from stand there and take a beating. It wasn't even like tarvers power was bothering him that much he just couldn't get off at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Flawless 2 View Post
              Old man that hurt Calzaghe and had him down and has a strong case he won the fight.
              So? Eamonn Magee put Hatton down with a lucky swipe too but he isn't a quarter of the fighter Hatton is. He did the same thing, hid in the corner all night and took the beating. Hopkin has no case that he won the fight, this is wishful thinking fantasy. I felt sorry for Hopkin that night even more so when he tried to cover it up after the fight that he lost to a whiteboy.

Comment

Originally posted by danc1984 View Post
                Agreed, plus his fight with Murqui was his first fight back from his loss to Hopkins, which was a year before that. He had some rust to shake off, and after the fight he admitted that he didn't want to get the knockout and only wanted to get some rounds in. Tarver is past it, but no where near the shot level. He started his career late and has plenty left IMO.

Tunney tries to hide it but he doesn't like Dawson. I am betting all of my points on Dawson to win if it was to happen, thats how sure i am. My uncle and i have been analyzing this fight for about a year and a half, and we predict a Dawson victory every time, even though hes a HUGE Calzaghe fan. We just can't see Joe winning this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by egreezy View Post
                  Dawson's resume is better then Kessler, to say he has to fight him to prove anything makes no sense. He was unified champion by beating fighters not as good as on Chad resume. Dawson has more wins @ LHW then Hopkins and Calzaghe combined.
                  I'd like someone to address the bold that thinks Dawson does not deserve his shot @ Ring LHW Title.

Comment

typical calslappy he hasn't fought a live body at 175 since he moved up. normally you move up you want to facew the best at the weight you are at if your a real contender. calsappy went right for the 44 year old hop and 40 year old roy. meanwhile chad beat an undefeated adamek for the wbc title and tarver for his ibf title.

if a undefeated two division champion is a nobody in joe's eyes what did he think of roy

Comment

Calzaghe said Dawson beat an old man in Tarever

well what the **** did Joe beat on Saturday!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X