No announcement yet.

Canelo actually asked for 156 lb to fight Cotto, while Cotto wanted 155

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    We're talking about when they do fight. I'm not asking Canelo to sign the fight now and fight him before Khan. I'm talking about what weight they should agree to after Khan, assuming he wins. That weight should be 160 and has nothing to do with GGG having accepted step aside fees in the past. I know you can keep up with the conversation if you try.
    The weight will be whatever Canelo wants, if Lil' Gina doesn't like it he can take the belt or take another step aside fee. People complaining about Canelo having the belt and defending it are forgetting that the only reason it is happening is because Lil' Gina allowed it to.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
      Yeah, we already knew this... I made a thread on this a while ago. Hilarious this coward. They will offer GGG 157 though. GGG will say no.
      Are you sure he will say no? He might do it. Maybe 158. He was 159 at this last weigh in.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        and Floyd had no problem at 154 for Oscar and Cotto, but demanded 152 for Canelo

Its called NEGOTIATIONS idiot
        Canelo offered 150, Mayweather gave him an extra 2lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          and Floyd had no problem at 154 for Oscar and Cotto, but demanded 152 for Canelo

Its called NEGOTIATIONS idiot
          Actually Canelo was the one that came up with the 152 weight.

Comment

CANELO SMALL boy doe. LMAO. Canela is the biggest coward this sport has seen, even a bigger coward than floyd. HANDS DOWN.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              CANELO SMALL boy doe. LMAO. Canela is the biggest coward this sport has seen, even a bigger coward than floyd. HANDS DOWN.
              Canelo has took more risks than Lil' Gina.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                The weight will be whatever Canelo wants, if Lil' Gina doesn't like it he can take the belt or take another step aside fee. People complaining about Canelo having the belt and defending it are forgetting that the only reason it is happening is because Lil' Gina allowed it to.
                I'm not saying Canelo will fight GGG at 160, I'm saying Canelo should fight GGG at 160. The fact that GGG allowed the fight that got Canelo the belt has no consequence whatsoever on whether he should have to defend the belt at 160.

You are showing that you are OK with Canelo asking for 155 and not with GGG having asked for 164. You have said that you thought it was bad that GGG has not been amenable to a lower weight in order to make a fight with Canelo happen, but you won't say the same thing about Ward not being amenable to a lower weight in order to make a fight with GGG happen. In my opinion, GGG should not have to fight at lower than 160 and I thought Ward should not have had to fight at lower than 168. I can be consistent on this issue, why can't you?

Comment

Originally posted by respectthebrush View Post
                  Are you sure he will say no? He might do it. Maybe 158. He was 159 at this last weigh in.
                  He might accept 158, but I believe his pride won't let him. Canelo will offer the fight at the full 160 limit in 2018, that's for sure. Maybe by that date, the fight is even bigger. 34 years old GGG destroys canelo. 36 years old maybe it's a different story...

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                    Canelo has took more risks than Lil' Gina.
                    Then PLS make him fight Lil Gina. Lil Gina wants fight now. Lil Gina wants his mandatory NOW lel.

Lil Gina avoided by everyone, he is superior. Ward moves up just to not face Lil Gina. Everyone wants to fight Canela though, Canela easy payday who nobody fears = easy to get names.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                      I'm not saying Canelo will fight GGG at 160, I'm saying Canelo should fight GGG at 160. The fact that GGG allowed the fight that got Canelo the belt has no consequence whatsoever on whether he should have to defend the belt at 160.

You are showing that you are OK with Canelo asking for 155 and not with GGG having asked for 164. You have said that you thought it was bad that GGG has not been amenable to a lower weight in order to make a fight with Canelo happen, but you won't say the same thing about Ward not being amenable to a lower weight in order to make a fight with GGG happen. In my opinion, GGG should not have to fight at lower than 160 and I thought Ward should not have had to fight at lower than 168. I can be consistent on this issue, why can't you?
                      The only reason i am OK with it is because Lil' Gina asked for a CW against Ward. What goes around comes around.

Comment

Working...
                      X