Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When Will Wilder Fight Somebody With a Pulse!?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by New England View Post
    "DUCKING ME BRO"

have a life, bro. havne't had time for bscene. no need for like 8 mentions on my bscene feed thing

where is my ward bias? show me ANY of it.

i'm extremely candid about the movement of andre ward, and his contribution to his inacitivity. ward's people would have been smart to wait for the retirement of floyd maywather to start to hold out for pay per view money and for networks to build him into PPV fights. it cost him several fights, and several million dollars. joe goossen had negotiated favorable terms for most of ward's career, and nobody put a gun to his head and made him sign an extension.

casuals, which most of you are, blame andre ward exclusively, as if he made ever decision, and that those decisions were the only reason he was inactive, or for opponents he didn't fight. in reality he broke two bones in his hand when he fought carl froch. kelly pavlik lost his mind and pulled out of tentative talks for a rematch after ward initially pulled out with an injury.

i assume anybody who thnks fury had some kind of gtreat performance is a brit, racist, etc. i assume the people who want to see fury win fighter of the year are similarly deluded. he beat a dead man! wladimir klitschko is almost 40 years old. his recent fights have been horrible, but it's very obvious now if you're willing to suffer through them that you're looking at an extremely depleted fighter.

a lot of you haven't been watching boxing for a while, but there was a time when a 30 year old boxer was considered over the hill.

even considering the level of deterioration, fury did very little to separate himself. if he's so easily making wladimir miss and being tentative, and has any offensive firepower at all, why did he go out there and do virtually nothing? this is boxing. you have the right to whoop ass if you can. he couldn't. no ass was whooped, unless you're british or an idiot and have no idea what an ass whooping looks like. fury stunk the joint out worse than wladimir usually does

wladimir might be the worst chinned, long term champion of all time. surely a great fighter will be able to do more against a chinny, dead man than jerk around from out of well out of arm's reach []

the reality that fury was in the right place at the right time will soon become apparent. none of these HW are very good and there's going to be parody in the division for the next few years, and it will make for exciting fights.

that a chinny, one trick pony like wladimir was able to hold that division hostage for 10 years says all you need to know about the talent at HW. the real talented athletes come from other srpots when they're grown men FFS

fury great doe

and i'm not even goign to touch this "GGG is the kingpin of his division, crap."

you clearly don't follow andre ward if you can't tell that he's not making 168 any longer, and that his team would have loved to take on the smaller p4p fighter hwo brings more money over the larger p4p fighter who brings less. golovkin is the best 160 lber in the world. he and ward are currently separated by two weight classes. i don't see golovkin volunteering to move up two weight classes to lost 10 or 11 rounds, and i don't blame him. if you guys can't understnad what two weight classes in boxing mean, that is on you!

people generally don't understand boxing. nobody spells this sport out for you. you ened to be critical, and learn for yourslves. most of you aren't capable of that.

keep posting on my notification wall like i don't have a life and that i'm ducking your sop****ric arguments, doe
    Busy at work, bruh? Glad you could take time from your busy day to contribute here...
    Last edited by BostonGuy; 01-25-2016, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      Busy at work, bruh? Glad you could take time from your busy day to contribute here...

yeah, when i talk about being professionally employed i'm lying about it. heck, 'm lying when i talk about being employed at all! i get a ton of value from dudes i don't know on the bscene thinking i'm employed, when in fact i'm on the dole!

wouldn't know where to get signed up for unemployment, brih. i own rental property now, and my home since i was in my mid 20's. do not care if you don't believe me. you can think i'm lying to you and it will not bother me. you've got to be pretty insecure [or just too stupid for the work,] to think that home owership and professional employment in the late 20's is an unattainable reality

on the dole doe!

go post some fat girls on my wall like i care about giving you attention

now, if you think that i'm wasting too much time on the sbcene, i would agree with you. in spite of that reality i've probably sent out 10 emails today, and it's only 2:30. maybe more. it's really not that unproductive of a day. i just type fast and think fast. some people waste their bosses / employer's time and money shopping for clothing, etc. i'm not paid like that, and i'm wasting nobody's time but my own when i post on the bscene. so far it hasn't once become an issue for anybody but mylsef, who could use to do more productive things with my time than trying to educate some of the dumbest people on the internet about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          There we go, I was ready to say New England was shot. He still has enough fight in him to make putting him down again more memorable.

So many holes in this arguement, it's hard to find somewhere to begin. Let's see:

Boxers are considered over the hill past 30 not because of age but because of what they might have been through up to that point, and because of irresponsibility, not because there is some magic line you cross on your 30th birthday that ages you overnight. Especially today, with greater nutritional knowledge and modern medicine, 40 is the new 30 in that regard anyway, so when we lok at the past, unless we are comparing a fighters activity (like how champions of the past were more active all around), styles, (greater technical pool in the past), or resumes (greater talent pool in the past), it's a pretty moot point to make.

So, you say Fury was in the right place at the right time, so I guess anyone else who enters the ring against Wlad that night has the same result? That's nonsense and you know it. You can't harp on about how familiar you are with boxing in comparison to the rest of the BoxingScene population (no metrics to back this up, but I will let this slide for now) and then go on and ignore such simple nuances of the sport like how the elementary but ever useful jab can control an opponent almost entirely, or how feints can do the same. Very rarely does a fighter "do nothing" for no real reason. They are furstrated and are getting outboxed is usually the first culprit, injuries, age, a lack of conditioning, and rigged fights are all distant options, and none of those hold weight in this instance, and if they do, do more than just suggest so, provide evidence.

Why did Fury not do more than he had to to win? I don't know, but my first guess is because he really didn't have to. And I can say he could have done more, and he certainly could have, and I wish he did, but fighters do this quite often, guys like Alexander, Ward, Floyd have done this many times, and being a fan of Floyd it bothered me in the way it did when I knew Fury could do more as well, but I never complained in that my fighter still won. So since other fighters only do what it takes to win without giving a hellacious beating or getting a stoppage even though they could, how hypocritical would it be to criticize only Fury for doing similar?

I would rather see Fury fight Povetkin or Wilder, but one good thing about the rematch is that after two dominating performances, there will even be less straws to grasp. I really hope Wlad comes forward or Fury presses, because one thing is true, the Wlad fight is the most boring of Fury's fights for the casual crowd who doesn't know what they are looking at, and this time around, I really hope for fireworks.

And why can't Ward make 168? If you follow him so closely than provide some reasoning. Ward is an exceptional fighter, a disciplined fighter, I believe he can make any weight he desires within his weight range, he isn't one to just get fat out of nowehere, so I don't buy it.

And how is GGG not the kingpin?

You say you support and understand his inactivity, well that's great, but it's not enough to keep Ward in the -4- rankings or high in division rankings if he isn't active. It just isn't. I love Maidana about as much as you love Ward, but Ward gets a pass to stay on lists after a long period of inactivity, but Maidana doesn't? Flawed logic, and he hasn't officially retired either before you use that as an excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
            I agree with you on all points.

I'm just dying to see Fury vs Wilder.
            x2.

Dang.

When Wilder fights Povetkin this thread question will be over.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
              There's usually an alt or two that come out before the fight and posts "Wilder is going to be exposed!" or something. This time there is none. Wow. This is a foregone conclusion. Wilder wins without a doubt. Szpilka has no pulse, indeed. Only thing we can try to predict is the manner in which Szpilka is going to get spanked.

Or just forget about it and speculate whether he fights Povetkin next, or not.

Anything interesting in the undercards?

Well, we know know he is willing to face a monster in Povetkin. Now the question is, how will Wilder respond when he is forced to fight for is life?

Comment

Bumped.

Comment

i think Arreola is badly shot enough for Wilder to want to fight him..

Wilder will avoid decent HWs Fury, Haye, Joshua, Povetkin and Parker and continue to fight shot old boxers like Lyakhovich or clubfighters like Molina/Szpilka/Duhaupas

BUM SQUAD!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Æthelstan View Post
                    i think Arreola is badly shot enough for Wilder to want to fight him..

Wilder will avoid decent HWs Fury, Haye, Joshua, Povetkin and Parker and continue to fight shot old boxers like Lyakhovich or clubfighters like Molina/Szpilka/Duhaupas

BUM SQUAD!!!
                    Soon enough he will run out of opponents and be forced to face a live body!

Comment

• I really hope Wilder doesn't duck Fury when it's all said and done...

Comment

Working...
                      X