Collapse
No announcement yet.

Crossfit and boxing.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard Crossfit was pretty dangerous in the long term. It's really for people that are already somewhat in shape, but it's also being marketed to your average joe.

Comment

Originally posted by Biolink View Post
      I heard Crossfit was pretty dangerous in the long term. It's really for people that are already somewhat in shape, but it's also being marketed to your average joe.
      You're right some gyms don't cater to beginners and they just throw them into some difficult workouts.

Comment

Yeah I think so. That is crossfit and boxing are the two greatest workouts in the world.

Comment

what is crossfit?

Comment

Don't ****ing do crossfit.

Comment

I love how theres been a whole influx of bull**** threads recently about people who weight lift and want to look pretty rather than proper fighting/boxing.

This isnt a fitness forum, this is a boxing forum.

Comment

I don't recommend Crossfit at all for boxers, grapplers, football players,etc for the reasons below

1. Lack of periodization/progression-A proper strength program MUST HAVE a starting point and build upon it to reach a goal be it hypertrophy, speed or max strength. Crossfit's philosophy is mastering the so-called "ten areas of physical fitness". You can't serve multiple masters at once, at least not for very long

2. Oly Lifting- I'm not a fan of oly lifting simply because the snatch, clean and jerk and its subsequent variants are very technical and time consuming. If you're a boxer you're main focus should be fighting and it's a terrible idea to risk injury attempting power cleans under the guidance of someone who got their certification in a weekend seminar.

3. Trainers- As mentioned above, the majority of Crossfit trainers got certified in a 2 day seminar and unless you have the gift of grasping things all at once, it is highly unlikely that these individuals have the wherewithal to teach anyone how to lift, let alone know the technicality that comes with complex lifts

4. Kipping Pull Ups- Seriously?? Doing pull ups like you're having a seizure to make it a "whole body exercise" just defeats the purpose. Pull ups are meant to strengthen your back, arms, grip, clinch and pulling strength and are to be done in GOOD FORM. If you have trouble with these its best to use a method called "grease the groove" meaning you do a certain(i.e. 5) several times a week and progress from there. Don't worry, you won't be overtrained from your won bodyweight.

I could go on and on about why CF isn't good for any athlete but the reasons above are what make it the deal breaker it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger Nasty View Post
                  You're wrong. Crossfit is geared towards functional training. Functional training is a classification of exercise which involves training the body for the activities performed in daily life. The includes boxing!!!
                  so we're just waiting on for the top boxers and top boxing teams to catch on eh?
                  all the stuff i've just been studying in cuba, that the domadores have been using, that's about to be superseded by crossfit any time now?
                  damn, can't believe how i've been wasting my time on all this prehistoric "new" version of periodisation, when i could have been learning about crossfit...

Comment

Working...
                  X