No announcement yet.

Past Prime fighters + Too Many Tattoos

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Past Prime fighters + Too Many Tattoos

Has anyone not noticed this? How many big name fighters in recent memory have become ridiculously inked up (too) late in their careers?

Cotto for example just this last weekend- wtf is going on there? It seems like he has 30% more of himself covered in tattoos every time I see him fight and he has declined in proportion to getting more work done.

Shane Mosley is probably the other super obvious example I can think of. Kelly Pavlik as well. Ricky Hatton a couple weeks ago I noticed had more tattoos.

And then you look at Floyd and he's still untouched by losses as well as body art. It must be a confidence thing- right?

Can anyone think of other examples? Is this just the equivalent of a boxer's career mid-life crisis type of thing? It's an interesting pattern to me.

I always figured it was a "fresh start" kind of thing after a bad loss. New look, new mentality, new fighter (maybe that's the idea anyway.) But its happened a ton. Margarito did the same thing. It seems like a lot of fighters who were badly beaten by Manny all of the sudden found a love for tattoos.

Comment

Comment

Margarito
        Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
          I have nothing against tattoos, but Jesus Christ man...

Comment

it looks uglier on white skin.....

Comment

A few possibilities; as someone mentioned it could be a fresh start/reinventing themselves type a deal, it could be that somebody was messed up on drug/alcoholwhen they made the decision they wanted tats, or it could simply be the case of somebody growing up thinkjng they may want tats, but not making the decision to get them until they are older/more mature, more setlled in their career where it wont cause problems, etc.

As far as cotto, he has some personalized/unique tats that i dig, but some others where it looks like he just walked into the shop and picked one out of their book, which i dont care for

Comment

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314009

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
                  Has anyone not noticed this? How many big name fighters in recent memory have become ridiculously inked up (too) late in their careers?

Cotto for example just this last weekend- wtf is going on there? It seems like he has 30% more of himself covered in tattoos every time I see him fight and he has declined in proportion to getting more work done.

Shane Mosley is probably the other super obvious example I can think of. Kelly Pavlik as well. Ricky Hatton a couple weeks ago I noticed had more tattoos.

And then you look at Floyd and he's still untouched by losses as well as body art. It must be a confidence thing- right?

Can anyone think of other examples? Is this just the equivalent of a boxer's career mid-life crisis type of thing? It's an interesting pattern to me.
                  Froid is the one doing all the tattooing but he only serve women though.

Comment

Originally posted by ModernTalking View Post
                    Froid is the one doing all the tattooing but he only serve women though.
                    Seems like floyd haters have his d*ck in their mouths more then floyd fanatics.

Comment

Working...
                    X