No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucas Matthysse Knocks Mike Dallas Out Cold in One

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
    Not a misprint. Matthysee is not the only one doing such unhealthy nonsense. Many of these fighters are fighting well above their natural weight classes. Danny Garcia too walks around above 160. Tim Bradley walks around 165 lbs, and he was at 140 not long ago. Victor Ortiz used to rehydrate crazy like that too. Lots of these fighters are doing this, they don't belong there. Gamboa walks around above 150 lbs. Last fight he rehydrated by like 20 lbs. People talk about Robert Guerrero moving up weight classes as if he had to put on weight! lol

These days, it's like what is the goddamn point of weight classes anymore? The lines have been blurred badly.
    your right about that, guerrero obviously is comfortable at 147 and it seems all of a sudden

Comment

Outstanding KO. Matthysse is a beast and the best 140 lb'r in the game. He should be undefeated. He beats Garcia if the fight gets made.

Comment

Danny Garica could beat Matthysse but let's be real honest about a couple of things.

Danny Garcia does good body work and has a good work rate. his power is good, it's not KTFO power but you have to respect it.

the things Garcia doesn't do are pretty critical when you fight a guy like Matthysse. Garcia doesn't move his head or upperbody and he keeps his left low. Garcia doesn't really jab much and throws looping hooks.

Garica gets clipped on the chin a lot in practically every fight. that's ok against Ashley Theophane or even an old Morales but against Matthysse I don't know man.

on paper it seems like a FOY but I just cannot see Garcia taking repeated shots from Matthysse all night and you know he will.

but hey people, including myself, keep on doubting Garcia and he keeps winning so who knows. I just hope Garcia takes it if he beats Judah.
        Last edited by rey guey; 01-27-2013, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Ha ha ha I can't wait garcia will ko judah and Matthyse.

Comment

Originally posted by ddangerous View Post
            Outstanding KO. Matthysse is a beast and the best 140 lb'r in the game. He should be undefeated. He beats Garcia if the fight gets made.
            I'm glad your confident ill be waiting for you after the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by -BORICUA- View Post
              I'm glad your confident ill be waiting for you after the fight.
              I'm game to sig it now if you are. 1 bil?

I need redemption from our last bet anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rajon34 View Post
                Matthysse = Future Legend
                he reminds me of a young 140lb cotto when he was rolling over all those guys back then like sosa, judah, pinto, except lucas has legit 1-punch KO power in both hands, something Cotto never had

man i can't wait to see his next fight, dude is becoming one of those legends amongst the real boxing fans, not the hyped up guys on ESPN

Comment

Why was the referee counting? Lol. This was like the Pac-Hatton fight were the ref felt the need to count him out. When someone is out cold they are out cold.

Comment

Originally posted by tdub2222 View Post
                    your right about that, guerrero obviously is comfortable at 147 and it seems all of a sudden
                    doesn't cotto walk around at like 180? I read that a while back on these forums, it was right after his first fight at 154. people were talking about how he basically gets kinda fat between fights

Comment

How can anyone call Matthysse a crude brawler? I've never understood it, and this fight was more proof that he has good defense for his style, and throws very sharp and straight punches.

Now its Garcia's turn to do his job against Judah, and we better have Garcia-Matthysse after that.

Comment

Working...
                      X