No announcement yet.

Chad Dawson As A Heavyweight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chad Dawson As A Heavyweight?

Chad has said recently he would like to one day go to HW.

Lets say if he were to put the right amount of muscle mass on and jump to HW. How does he fair at the weight? He has already beat a top HW Contender in Adamek.

How does he do with the likes of Povetkin, Arreola, Samuel Peter and Ruiz?

Could he become a threat at the weight. If he were to add the right muscle and keep his speed?

Physically I think he could do it, but he doesn't fight like a heavyweight. He would need to learn to really load up on his shots and have better finishing skills/killer instinct.

I mean he could fight like he does now, but eventually he'd got KO'd by a puncher.

Honestly he should stay at 175. If he's patient the big fights will come. A lot of the super 6 guys will go to LW, Carl Froch already said he's moving up after the tournament, I can see Ward & Dirrell doing the same.

Comment

chad would do good at HW

Comment

Lets be honest here. Only way to be relevant in the HWD is to be a challenger to the K Bros. Even though Dawson is 6'1-6'2, he would be too small for them. I don't really see him being all that effective with that much extra weight on him diminishing his speed and reflexes. Maybe for CW, but not HW

Comment

i dont think that would be very wise

Comment

dawson should move down to 147 or at least 154.

maybe then he can get a hopkins fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
              Physically I think he could do it, but he doesn't fight like a heavyweight. He would need to learn to really load up on his shots and have better finishing skills/killer instinct.

I mean he could fight like he does now, but eventually he'd got KO'd by a puncher.

Honestly he should stay at 175. If he's patient the big fights will come. A lot of the super 6 guys will go to LW, Carl Froch already said he's moving up after the tournament, I can see Ward & Dirrell doing the same.
              Very true most of the Super 6 will move up, especially Dirrell.

Comment

Originally posted by BOX2008 View Post
                Chad has said recently he would like to one day go to HW.

Lets say if he were to put the right amount of muscle mass on and jump to HW. How does he fair at the weight? He has already beat a top HW Contender in Adamek.

How does he do with the likes of Povetkin, Arreola, Samuel Peter and Ruiz?

Could he become a threat at the weight. If he were to add the right muscle and keep his speed?
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                This chinny fool will get ktfo!!!! He doesnt have the power to make a real HW respect him

Comment

He doesn't have enough power, unless he suddenly found some from the extra weight. Also his chin is a bit shaky at Light Heavyweight and obviously he wouldn't be as fast. I say let's wait til he makes a move to Cruiserweight in the future before we start describing his Heavyweight credentials.

Comment

Well if Chris byrd could do it then i think Dawson can, The HW apart from the Klits arent that good so he could do a Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                    X