No announcement yet.

Nintendo software only?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nintendo software only?

Do you think Nintendo would make more money as a software only company?

i dont think nintendo is stupid enough to try to find out. theyve always done it this way and theyve always made tons of money that way. why would they risk going under now. like sony or microsoft are going to keep them alive by allowing nintendo to make games for them

Comment

NOoOo way besides even with the clusterfk that is the wii u their exclusive magical wonderful IP's keep making them cash like crazy imagine if they actually made a console that could play those games, AND also play the new next gen AAA titles . IF their next machine goes for power as well as their exclusives and great gameplay experience they always go for...they will be dancing in more cash than ever. I would definitely buy that.

Comment

Until this year including handhelds nintendo has always sold the most consoles combined. They are a hugely successful company why would they contemplate something so stupid?

Nintendo are nothing like SEGA and how well did going third party only work for them?

Comment

This is like, the third time you've posted this whole "Nintendo is losing money!" thing as a thread topic here in the last year or so. We've been over this already numerous times and I've posted a variety of links in your previous threads regarding Nintendo's astronomical net worth.

They can handle the losses they're taking on with the Wii U. They'd likely make more money in the short term if they went the SEGA route and became a software only company, but it wouldn't make any sense for them to do that when they can essentially absorb these losses and come back stronger in the next generation. They'd basically be committing suicide for short term profit.

It makes absolutely no sense to anybody other than Sony and Microsoft fans who want to play Zelda and Mario Kart too.

Comment

Ever since Mario Kart 8 Released The Wii U has been outselling the Xbox 2.5 to 1 worldwide and it's still not slowing down.

Comment

The PS4 is outselling the Xbox 6 to 1.

That tells me that there are smart consumers. Unless you can afford both, it would be dumb to get an Xbox over a PS4.

Why would you pay more for a lot less. The PS4 theoretically has twice the processing power of the Xbox 1. The PS4's unified CPU, GPU and Memory has never been done before. It's a pure stream of uninterrupted data feed with 176 GBs of bandwidth. For anyone who knows, that's mind blowing.

The PS4's architecture is astonishing. It is state of the art. The PS4 is Mark Cerny's masterpiece. It's his contribution to the technological community, and earns him a mark in its history.

It can run what used to be games only High End Pc's used to be able to run. It does it for 400 dollars and it does it in your living room where your biggest screen is.

If you're a gamer and you don't have a PS4, I don't know what the hell you are doing with your life.
              Last edited by DARKSEID; 06-23-2014, 08:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
                The PS4 is outselling the Xbox 6 to 1.

That tells me that there are smart consumers. Unless you can afford both, it would be dumb to get an Xbox over a PS4.

Why would you pay more for a lot less. The PS4 theoretically has twice the processing power of the Xbox 1. The PS4's unified CPU, GPU and Memory has never been done before. It's a pure stream of uninterrupted data feed with 176 GBs of bandwidth. For anyone who knows, that's mind blowing.

The PS4's architecture is astonishing. It is state of the art. The PS4 is Mark Cerny's masterpiece. It's his contribution to the technological community, and earns him a mark in its history.

It can run what used to be games only High End Pc's used to be able to run. It does it for 400 dollars and it does it in your living room where your biggest screen is.

If you're a gamer and you don't have a PS4, I don't know what the hell you are doing with your life.
                What if I don't have a PS4 because it doesn't have any games that interest me?

Comment

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
                  What if I don't have a PS4 because it doesn't have any games that interest me?
                  Have you tried it yet?

Watch this in 1080p

Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-04-2014, 04:03 PM.

Comment

At this point Nintendo can generate revenue making colorful socks.

Comment

Working...
                    X