The Haymon Model

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Haymon Model

This is a logical question:

If its bad for the sport, is it good for the fighters? Stevenson made a mil with his last opponent while Kovalev only made $500k against B.Hop... B.Hop! Ppl say Haymon's Model won't be sustainable due to the high prices, but why not? Casual fans dksab... Mayweather-Maidana got 700k PPV when it shouldn't even have been on PPV... But mayweather doe... Based on that, all you need is an undefeated record and a name... which brings me to LSC, if he fights rigo and loses, then goes on to lose again, how much is he going to be earning then? His chances of beating Rigo are slim, so if he can earn high purses fighting fighters he can beat without ever fighting Rigo, why not? If he fights rigo and loses, his stock pummels, but if he doesn't and continues to win... His stock may even go up...

Before you call me a stan, check my post history Idgaf about Arum, Haymon, Mayweather, or Pax... just my 2 cents on the business side of boxing...

Haymon has to look out for his fighters not the fans. Fans have to look out for our own entertainment not how much a fighter makes. Fans will always be opposed to the Haymon model as long as the best don't fight the best and there is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
    X