Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what if Miguel Cotto has the momentum and..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roach is scared and is playing mind games. Cotto is too smart to fall for that ****. I bet it makes him want to go to the body more now, thinking Roach is trying to discourage Cotto from doing it, manny thinner frame can be busted and sent to the canvas with one good clean shot. Might be Roach inadvertantly exposing a Pac-man weak point??

Let's watch for the next Roach fear.

Edit; i like Kenny Bayless too.

Comment

Originally posted by .::EyEKoNiK::. View Post
      ...He throws for a body shot and goes low??..should he still get DQ'd?..

..or..

Since Roach claims that Cotto gets hurt to the body easier..what if Pacquiao goes low?..Does he get DQ'd or is this gonna be a specific way to treat Cotto only?..we know Pac is the Cash Cow here..he can request anything he wants..

so how will this new Pacman-low blow rule work?..
      If you read the article you're referring to it specifically says automatic DQ for INTENTIONAL low blows. Everyone and their momma who's not a Cotto nutthugger can differentiate between the body shots Cotto throws that accidentally strayed low and the ones that were too accurately placed at too convenient of a time.

Comment

as the great mike tyson said "**** it its a fight whatever happens happens"

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
          If you read the article you're referring to it specifically says automatic DQ for INTENTIONAL low blows. Everyone and their momma who's not a Cotto nutthugger can differentiate between the body shots Cotto throws that accidentally strayed low and the ones that were too accurately placed at too convenient of a time.
          Ive seen fights with intentional low blows and all they got was a warning..maybe 2, then point deduction time. Roach is going to far with this bull****. trying to jump on the refs nutz. I wish he'd shut up and just let the fight happen and let the ref do his job. He's scared. That's why he's doing this. i remind you he tried getting Cotto down to 143 at 1st. If he didn't have reservations, why is he whining?

Comment

Joe is alright..but than people will call him biased cuz he's Puerto Rican...and he's not on the level of Bayless, Mercante, or Smoger at the moment IMO..

he's got the experience..but his decision makin is ass sometimes in some fights..

btw..I also prefer Mercante..he's always lookin out for both fighters and keeps it really fair..

Your right. Pac does'nt need any pre or post fight excuses. He already has one with not being accustomed to the welterweight div. Your also right as far as Joe not being on the other refs level but he once was. As long as we get a ref who is not influenced by what others say and does'nt get caught up in the moment and think the fight is about himself I'll be happy.

Comment

Originally posted by shadeyfizzle View Post
              So when has Cotto "intentionally" low blowed anybody..so I could know what that looks like..

cuz like I said..and this is with MY EYES..the first low blow that "landed" on Judah actually hit his side..and to the person who said why would he act if he had Cotto hurt..Cotto was fighting back..he caught Cotto coming in with a great shot..but he wasn't about to get KO'd or anything..so you figure..you act out a low blow..you might get a point in your favor..makes sense to act it out to me..

the 2nd low blow in the Judah fight..Cotto was going for an uppercut up the middle to the body..and Judah pulled Cotto's head down makin the target of the punch lower..

He hit torres on the belt line..which often happens when you're a body puncher..ask Chaves' victims..and Torres also faked it if you recall it..even Torres' trainer told him to fake it to get a point taken from Cotto..and that **** didn't fly..

Corley got hit on the side right above the belt line..and made Corley skip in pain..and the ref put a halt to the assault because he read Corley's reaction and assumed it was low..

Those are the ones I remember atleast..

Comment

Originally posted by jazluvr449 View Post
                Ive seen fights with intentional low blows and all they got was a warning..maybe 2, then point deduction time. Roach is going to far with this bull****. trying to jump on the refs nutz. I wish he'd shut up and just let the fight happen and let the ref do his job. He's scared. That's why he's doing this. i remind you he tried getting Cotto down to 143 at 1st. If he didn't have reservations, why is he whining?
                I dont know about scared but a legitimate cause for concern considering Cotto's power and size advantage. Remember it took like 3 solid shots to the jewels (2 of them intentional imo) before Cotto could swing the momentum in his favor against Judah. You could make a case that the fight should have ben stopped. I think all Roach is doing is pleading with the ref to take a careful look at that...but rephrasing his words to sound more intimidating to the tabloids.

Comment

The rules for low blows are plan and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
                    The rules for low blows are plan and simple.
                    I agree..

so why mention it like the refs don't know their job?..

Cotto was deducted a point in the Judah and the Corley fight..the refs obviously know it's not legal..

Comment

I agree..

so why mention it like the refs don't know their job?..

Cotto was deducted a point in the Judah and the Corley fight..the refs obviously know it's not legal..
                      I have a question for you. In your opinion....If Corrales didnt spit out his mouthpiece against Castillo do you think he would have won regardless?? or do you think Castillo would have won?

Comment

Working...
                      X