No announcement yet.

Khan is not on Marquez' level.. yet.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Khan is not on Marquez' level.. yet.

Why is everyone thinking that Khan would humiliate Marquez? Who the hell has Khan beaten anyways? Firts of all, to become a champion, he beat the weakest champion in his division - freaking Koltenik who has only 13 knockouts. Then in his next fight, he beat a overrated Salita, who had faced no one. Salita is not even a big puncher and I think Khan has problems with big punchers. Now all of the sudden Khan would beat an elite fighter like Marquez who has faced the best competition that was put in front of him. I personally think that Marquez would take Khan out in the late rounds since Marquez can deal with speed and power.

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
    Why is everyone thinking that Khan would humiliate Marquez? Who the hell has Khan beaten anyways? Firts of all, to become a champion, he beat the weakest champion in his division - freaking Koltenik who has only 13 knockouts. Then in his next fight, he beat a overrated Salita, who had faced no one. Salita is not even a big puncher and I think Khan has problems with big punchers. Now all of the sudden Khan would beat an elite fighter like Marquez who has faced the best competition that was put in front of him. I personally think that Marquez would take Khan out in the late rounds since Marquez can deal with speed and power.
    were gonna see him prove him self...give the guy a chance atleast to prove himself...if not then just the truth will be revealed the night he fights Marquez..

Comment

Khan is taller, stronger, faster, have a huge reach advantage, and have better movememt and footwork.

JMM is old, small and he looked like crap fighting at 142 whether he was fighting Floyd or not.

Khan runs and potshots JMM to a UDs

Comment

Khan has the advantage in reach, height, speed and youth. Marquez is basically a blown up featherweight/super featherweight.

I just see Khan beating Marquez sort of how he beat Barrera (without the cut stoppage, though).

Comment

I think this fight may well be a scam from the get go,with Marquez playing a supporting role to facilitate Khan being able to keep the title by tying up Maidana . Here are my reasons why I think this could be the case

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=356047

Comment

i have a feeling Khan will win this by TKO. Marquez is out of his depth in this one as he was with Floyd. Khan will win inside 10 rounds.

Comment

Yes he is, he is about 6 inches above it...

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
                Khan is taller, stronger, faster, have a huge reach advantage, and have better movememt and footwork.

JMM is old, small and he looked like crap fighting at 142 whether he was fighting Floyd or not.

I agree....

Comment

Originally posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post

^^^^This is why^^^^ And, he didn't even look great at 135... He had a hard time with an old/shot boxer in Casamayor, and was getting bullied around against Diaz... Yes JMM knocked both out but his legs didn't look great... It look like 135 was his limit...

Comment

Originally posted by 'Sugar' Freddi View Post
                    Kotelnik was an experienced champion and was the perfect opponent for Khan at that stage of his career. Now Marquez is the perfect opponent, a well recognised name fighter that has great skills but is very beatable due to his age and Amirs speed and size. Fighting Marquez will give Khan some more valuable experience that he needs at the minute. He's still young, he doesnt have to be taking huge risk fights, thats why he chose not to fight Maidana, he would only be getting credit from hardcore fans who know how dangerous an opponent Maidana is.

Personally I cant believe Maquez took this fight, but credit to him he's a warrior, though I'm afraid its goina be another dissappointing night for him. Khan by comfortable UD, he's goina use an overblown Marquez as a punch bag. I just hope Marquez can give a good showing and doesnt end up embarassing himself again.

Comment

Working...
                    X